Honest Abe's Cash Set - Feedback Wanted (1 Viewer)

chicubs1988

Flush
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions on the inlay. Now, I'm open to suggestions/critiques on the chips. I'm pretty attached to the $.25 and $1, but I'm open to all sorts of input on the others (especially the snapper).

Side 1:
upload_2018-2-7_20-5-26.png

Side 2:
upload_2018-2-7_20-5-57.png

Before I comment, what is the snapper for? Limit game? Blackjack table? An attempt to win my affections?

Before I comment, what is the snapper for? Limit game? Blackjack table? An attempt to win my affections?

The group that I currently play with routinely plays NLHE with .25/.25 or .25/.50 for blinds. I figured I'd rather have a 2.50 and get more chips in play than have a $100 that rarely hits the table.

Couple ideas. Mostly like the snapper, but it has neither red nor blue in it, so I tweaked that. Also, tweaked the spot choice for the 1 to give you the same visual effect in stacks while staying different on the face. Brought the 25 in line with the same basic spot width used on the others while still keeping it distinct.

green 25.png

BUT

For this set I'd consider going with a 20 instead of a 25 and splashing some blue, like so...

grey 20.png

3F3C2EDF-D5D7-4D43-B64A-43D76E296C60.png
That quarter is outstanding!

The $25 - not much contrast one the lighter green spot - seems close to the base. Maybe charcoal, canary, or butterscotch?

Nice colors if you ignore the inlay; factor it in and only the $25 looks fitting to me, the 25c somewhat, the rest not.

I don't know, the weathered/pergament inlay just makes me think wild west, and I believe it wouldn't even have been technically possible to make chips this colorful/bright back in that time. Muddier or more desaturated colors would be what I'd pick for such an inlay/theme.

$25 version from original post still superior to all later alternates.

Any thought towards a $2 chip instead of the $2.50? Just throwing ideas around, I really like the $2.50 chip

Love the quarter and the $1
^ This. The $5 chip is also pretty good, imo.

Any thought towards a $2 chip instead of the $2.50?
^ Also this. If you are merely looking to get more chips in play, a $2 or $3 chip will work better than a snapper (sorry, Scott).

The very first thing I see in the original post line-up is way too much white. And I personally wouldn't put gray on two adjacent chips (and probably wouldn't re-use the same spot color in the set, period).

@chicubs1988 Since you already have art assets for a snapper, please make them. If you opt for a $2 instead of $2.50 for your set, still have 20 of the snapper made and include them as part of your sample sets. Or don't, and I'll just buy all of them from you (and I'm serious about that).

But yeah, don't let this snapper die!

I’m not a fan of the snapper, especially “just to have one... “.

if you need a $2.50chip, get it, but it sounds like you don’t really... I dont think it’ll play all that well. I’d spend my chip dollars where they’re needed most. Then maybe get a barrel of hundos...

I also think you should consider doing a $20 vs a $25 due to Abe’s presence on The $20bill... ;)

I like the red chip

lol, Erik's been drinking again.....

But nice recovery attempt, even though the guy is from the Land of Lincoln. They even take pennies at the toll booths.

lol, Erik's been drinking again.....

But nice recovery attempt, even though the guy is from the Land of Lincoln. They even take pennies at the toll booths.

I know ABe too... this is where I work. I see him everyday.

23E4284C-F2BF-4E26-B4F8-1B2B15C702A6.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom