Homer Donut Dealer Button (1 Viewer)

Colquhoun

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
17AB1EB7-7316-4539-8AA6-1C4FC98F5D72.jpeg
Been considering this for a little while…
I would love to make a Homer donut button, complete with a hole in the middle.
I’m figuring getting a DB printed with the art, then either using the 7/8” bit I have for milling, or a forstner bit to make the hole.
I’m guessing I’ll need to round over the edge somehow so it’s not so sharp.
Thoughts?
DC69DAAE-25C1-43BE-A432-770F1F454A4E.jpeg

In

Does anyone else hate that they are here? I just got into the other db group buy and theres already another one? Sorry wallet.

Love the idea, very curious how the milling/drilling would work out, but consider myself in for one if you can make it work!

One issue I hadn’t considered is that I can have printing over the whole button, but the inside hole will be the only thing that is white.
Hmmm
01999B4F-0AC6-4D02-B893-0E08BFD4F9E5.jpeg

Love it, I'm in for at least one. Maybe on the rolling edge have "The Dealer" written like they have The Simpsons written at the beginning of every episode.

Great idea for a button!
Perhaps the blanks need to be drilled/rounded before printing?

I may design it and do a small order as a test run to see if the result is acceptable.
Great idea for a button!
Perhaps the blanks need to be drilled/rounded before printing?
I think it will likely be a similar result, unless BRPro can somehow print on that inner edge

Would be could if we could shape it like this. It would definitely be a homer donut then. However this turns out I'm in for one.

1663456661835.png

Just thinking out loud here ...

What if it were a two-piece dealer button? The top DB would be colored bright pink with sprinkles. The bottom DB would be a tan cake-color, and the rolling edge could have a wavy pink edge to match the top DB. Then maybe use a hole-saw (or large drill bit) to cut out the middle. Although, I'm not sure the hole is really necessary. It could be just part of the design.

And super-glue the two pieces together, obviously.

Just thinking out loud here ...

What if it were a two-piece dealer button? The top DB would be colored bright pink with sprinkles. The bottom DB would be a tan cake-color, and the rolling edge could have a wavy pink edge to match the top DB. Then maybe use a hole-saw (or large drill bit) to cut out the middle. Although, I'm not sure the hole is really necessary. It could be just part of the design.

And super-glue the two pieces together, obviously.
Is it possible to print the 2 sides of the button like this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom