Home tournament (1 Viewer)

Beastmodepoker22

Reaction score
When starting a home poker tournament. T5000 starting stack. To have chip bonus, how much is a far amount to give for on time and right payment.

Agree, around 10%. My experience (having hosted a lot of tournaments without on-time bonus before reading about them here at PCF) is that the on-time bonus is super-effective, but the actual amount doesn't matter that much. It can be as low as 5% and people will still break all kinds of traffic laws to get it!

You shouldn't need to bribe people
"shouldn't" being the key word. I have very strongly considered having a bonus for this as well...

I used to say that there was a 10% penalty for being late and that for $5 they could have a full stack and then give them a $5 bounty chip so that the on-time players could have a shot at a $5 bounty for being on time. Plus the bounty chip would mark who was late.

After several tournaments though I decided that it was me being inconvenienced by late players coming in and interrupting me playing after the tourney started so I just started keeping the $5.

So far every late player has paid the $5 so they could have a full stack.

So I guess you could say instead of me bribing people, people bribe me $5 to get a full stack.

I've tried several things to get players there on time, but what has worked the best is a chip bonus of 10-17%, depending on the tournament and what is a single chip to give them.

We do 10% (1K on 10K).

Yes, everyone “should” be on time, but a lot of people don’t operate on the guidelines of what they should be doing. Now that we play online without the starting bonus there are quite a few people who show up 20-30min in because they don’t want to play the lower levels. So many so that sometimes we need to cancel the game and restart it 20min later when 8 more people magically show up. Really bothersome.

We do 10% (1K on 10K).

Yes, everyone “should” be on time, but a lot of people don’t operate on the guidelines of what they should be doing. Now that we play online without the starting bonus there are quite a few people who show up 20-30min in because they don’t want to play the lower levels. So many so that sometimes we need to cancel the game and restart it 20min later when 8 more people magically show up. Really bothersome.
Depending on the platform you are playing on, you could just have a 5 minute late registration time. Anyone inconsiderate enough to show up later than that is SOL.

Make your players bring a canned/food item or $10 (or whatever amount) as a optional bonus add on of 500-1000 chips in a T5000k tourney. My rule will be 2 items or min$10 that can be donated to the local food bank. Times are tough for folks your gambling depravity can give a few kids some dinner.

Make your players bring a canned/food item or $10 (or whatever amount) as a optional bonus add on of 500-1000 chips in a T5000k tourney. My rule will be 2 items or min$10 that can be donated to the local food bank. Times are tough for folks your gambling depravity can give a few kids some dinner.
I love this idea! also I am going to Hell for even quoting this with the following statement... but being sick in the brain reading this thread and the ideas of late penalties I am blessed with a natural immaturity. It would be great if a player is late to make them stop and buy an "adult toy" new and unopened that has to stay on the table in their space (not only awkward but also a total pain in the ass to play around all night) that should fix the problem but also make for quality table talk!! Lmao

Ohh the possibilities are endless!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom