Home Theater Help (1 Viewer)

BHK25

Two Pair
Reaction score
My wife and I are In the process of building a house, and we plan to have a home theater. We already have 8 leather reclining chairs, a receiver, and subwoofer. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good projector/ projector screen, and surround sound setup (we will get it wired for it when the electrician comes in) along with any other suggestions to make for a good home theater? Thanks for the help!

The first question I am going to have to ask when it comes to the projector is throw distance. If it isn't built yet, then it might be better to wait on the projector until you have solid information on that.

i have a suggestion on seating.
I'm assuming you are going to do 4 chairs on the bottom, then a step up, then another 4 chairs behind. One of my buddies made a
"bar" behind the second row of chairs with bar stools underneath to add another 5-6 seats. He used a long piece of live edged wood as the top. takes up very little room and adds tons of seating.
Send pics when your done and Good Luck!

I’ve had a very nice projector before, which I used to throw 20+ feet wide in my previous house. (I since downsized to something that doesn’t require a fleet of oil trucks four months of the year.)

But honestly, unless you are prepared to spend a true fortune, or your theater is huge, the quality of big screen TVs nowadays is so mindblowing that I would not buy a projector again. Every year that goes by, you can buy a bigger, clearer, higher-resolution screen for less than a worse one the previous year.

I’m biding my time a bit—happy with the 4K Sony I have for now... By waiting even another 18 months, the options will be even sweeter.

I also think the sound system/design is almost as big a decision as the screen, and certainly a more technically complicated one.

I have a 135" Grandview tab-tensioned, motorized screen. It didn't hurt that their North American head office just happens to be a few miles away from me. Great price at the time and picked it up right from them, no problem. Haven't been in the market for a while, though, so I don't know what's new and exciting in screens.

www.projectorcentral.com is a decent resource for home enthusiasts
www.avsforum.com (mentioned above) is more people who are really into the technicals

My Panasonic AE4000U is 9 years old, on its 3rd lamp, and going strong.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: if you're a movie fan, then your center speaker is the most important.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom