Home poker food (1 Viewer)

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
I suppose I could have posted this under "Home Game General" but it does not seem like the kind of thing meant to be posted there. I was wondering what kinds of things other people eat when they have friends over for a game. We tend to order a few pizzas but people also bring along things from home. We never really have any plan or theme about what people bring. It just becomes a mixture of a "potluck" and whatever fast food we decide to order.

Same here -- however one member went on a quest to lose nearly 100 lbs so we started having much healthier snacks/food. Probably for the best, and I think last time I'd checked he was down 75 lbs? Amazing change to see.

BTW, when I first started hosting I typically supplied much of the food as well but later on it dawned on me that not only was I doing all this work to host, but I was providing the food? How stupid was that? I sent out a friendly email to the group asking them to step up and boy did they! I've never had to worry about it since!

BTW, when I first started hosting I typically supplied much of the food as well but later on it dawned on me that not only was I doing all this work to host, but I was providing the food? How stupid was that? I sent out a friendly email to the group asking them to step up and boy did they! I've never had to worry about it since!

Luckily I never had to insist that anyone else bring food. It tended to just happen anyway: someone would bring over something they had liked and wanted everyone else to try. Sometimes they just had leftovers of something and did not want it to go to waste. It has never been very organised but it seems to work.

Pizzas are pretty common, but we also usually have some chips going around in a big bowl. I don't eat very much when I play poker, most just drink beer, and try to have a good time.

When I host a tourney night, players are asked to contribute $5.00 to the catering. Wife does the cooking/prep work. Menu items have included spring rolls, egg rolls, strombolis, potato skins, double stuffed skins, nachos, butter tarts, etc.

It varies.

Most of the times we order whatever we are in the mood for at a delivery service.

It´s not uncommon for us to have 3-4 different delivery services delivering food at one evening.

It´s not uncommon for us to have 3-4 different delivery services delivering food at one evening.

That sounds busy! It is good that you have plenty of choice then. In smaller places there might only be one delivery service at all. Being able to order online has made it so much easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom