Home game software/sign ups? (1 Viewer)

phys

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Generally I just send out a calendar invite for my home games and come one come all. But for some nights I want to limit it to just one table. Is there some good web based software out there to coordinate this that doesn't have a shitty User Interface/User Experience and allows for a "first come first serve" sign up? I'm happy to pay for it too so whatever ya got I'm open to.

Thanks all!

I’ve seen people use signup.com for poker tournaments. Not sure if it’s a free or paid service.

My home game is getting to a point where there are more people than there are seats. Is there an EASY platform out there to use where I could designate cap to sign ups and it’s a first come first serve type thing?

I say easy because I have people like my uncle who are not tech savvy and it’s going to be a chore to get him to use it as is lol.

Thanks!

I use the Band app for all communications regarding our home game. Free to use and right on everyone’s phone.

I set up events in the calendar within the app and ask for RSVP’s. When you create the event, you can set a max number of people who can ‘join.’ We have roughly 30 guys on the app, but a max of 20 seats. You can add RSVP responses as well. Our options are Join, Decline, or Maybe. I ask the ‘Maybes’ to make a decision at least 24 hours from game time if we are nearing capacity. Otherwise, they are cool to make a game day decision.

I feel like it’s easier and more convenient to use than email or text. And other web-based software is either clunky, or people rely on email notifications anyway for it.

Users can turn off notifications for set times during the day, or you can as the admin. Invites for new people are easy and there’s no need to create a new text thread every time your group grows by one new person. (Or, you can easily remove someone if needed also.)

The toughest part of the whole thing is getting your players to actually download it. Our group was primarily text based until we got to about 12-15 guys. Then, it was just too many on a text thread and tough to find info. (The Band app keeps everything organized.)

I gave guys about 3-4 weeks to make the transition - letting players know that by ‘x’ date, all communications would only go through the app and there would no longer be text invites.

Hope that helps.

blindvalet.com sounds perfect for you since it's actually limited to single table for the free use.

My home game is getting to a point where there are more people than there are seats. Is there an EASY platform out there to use where I could designate cap to sign ups and it’s a first come first serve type thing?

I say easy because I have people like my uncle who are not tech savvy and it’s going to be a chore to get him to use it as is lol.

Thanks!
Check out the InviteTracker system I posted in Resources

I use the Band app for all communications regarding our home game. Free to use and right on everyone’s phone.

I set up events in the calendar within the app and ask for RSVP’s. When you create the event, you can set a max number of people who can ‘join.’ We have roughly 30 guys on the app, but a max of 20 seats. You can add RSVP responses as well. Our options are Join, Decline, or Maybe. I ask the ‘Maybes’ to make a decision at least 24 hours from game time if we are nearing capacity. Otherwise, they are cool to make a game day decision.

I feel like it’s easier and more convenient to use than email or text. And other web-based software is either clunky, or people rely on email notifications anyway for it.

Users can turn off notifications for set times during the day, or you can as the admin. Invites for new people are easy and there’s no need to create a new text thread every time your group grows by one new person. (Or, you can easily remove someone if needed also.)

The toughest part of the whole thing is getting your players to actually download it. Our group was primarily text based until we got to about 12-15 guys. Then, it was just too many on a text thread and tough to find info. (The Band app keeps everything organized.)

I gave guys about 3-4 weeks to make the transition - letting players know that by ‘x’ date, all communications would only go through the app and there would no longer be text invites.

Hope that helps.
I used the Band app for a short time and loved it. If you can get your players to adopt it it’s awesome.

Sadly I couldn’t get some of my “old fart” players to even download it. So I had to give it up.

I used the Band app for a short time and loved it. If you can get your players to adopt it it’s awesome.

Sadly I couldn’t get some of my “old fart” players to even download it. So I had to give it up.
Yeah - adoption is the toughest part. I gave my crew an ultimatum - download and stay up-to-date or miss comms. for games. Only one guy never signed up. Guess who doesn’t attend games?

Seems you are overthinking this. Texting your player pool is quick and easy. Take the first x responses. Easy peasy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom