Home Game Pet Peeves (1 Viewer)

Love this idea, however, I’d just prefer not to play P* cash games with a 6% rake. It’s just not worth the effort. Easier to just play tourneys. Lol
Is there a max rake? Or is it just a flat 6%?!

I guess they do give you up to 90,000 chips per day...

Last edited:
People who throw their bets in the pot instead of putting them in front of them.
THIS! No matter how many time you retrieve their bet and place it in front of them, they just keep tossing into the pot.
Some are oblivious, others are just trolling. Both annoy me.

THIS! No matter how many time you retrieve their bet and place it in front of them, they just keep tossing into the pot.
Some are oblivious, others are just trolling. Both annoy me.

The flip side to that is players who place their bets just barely across the line in front of them and you have to stand halfway up and lean across the table to pull them into the pot. I find that almost as annoying as splashing the pot.

Bad/arbitrary game design.

Ex.: I was once invited to a private 1/2 PLO game. I didn’t think to ask details before game time, as I knew some of the players and was up for a low stakes game that night.

My bad for not asking in advance.

I get there to find out:

* It’s Omaha high-low no limit;
* Max buyin is $60 a pop;
* They were playing 10-handed.

So every hand for the first hour, everyone would limp until someone made it $10-15 pre. Then it would “narrow” to “just” 5-6 players going to the flop.

Then, since only a few people would have even a pot size bet to make on the flop, someone would shove... and get 2-3 callers.

This continued with countless rebuys, until finally stacks were deep enough that it became a slightly less absurd game of “all in every hand—whoever flopped best vs two people who flopped the big draws.”

The hands would also take forever, even though there were few if any turn/river decisions, because many players were terrible at both reading results and chopping pots.

I actually stayed and made about $900 just by folding pre about 80% more often than the field. But it was a ridiculous game, made for people who just want to gamble, and not be bothered with strategy.

I did suggest that maybe a bigger buyin and playing limit would make this less of a crapshoot, but no way. (“This is how we’ve always done it”—a classic homegame problem. No one wants to change, and suggested changes are like blasphemy.)

Last edited:
Anybody who slows down game play. I have a mix of friends who know proper table etiquette and those that know how to play in a technical sense but need constant reminding to place their blinds in the pot or that it’s their turn to bet. Drives me crazy, but I’m working on fixing them lol

Goldilocks regulars that complain if anything isn’t just right. You know those two or three friends that you need just to start building the game around.

Hey guys, I can only get 7 people including us; you ok with with a cash game? “No I only want to play a tourney.”

Or will play a $100 buy in but not a $50.”

Or “Why are you paying four places instead of three?”

Or will come but isn’t into chipping in to provide food and drink.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom