Home Game Opinions (1 Viewer)

bradiggy

Two Pair
Reaction score
As I gear up for tonight's first, small (5-handed) home game since the Covid fall-out, I am wondering how everybody here feels about safety.

My first thought is to use ceramics instead of clay for the time being. In my opinion, ceramics will carry less germs than the arguably more porous clay options. Is this a reasonable precaution, or does it really not matter if we are sitting a few feet apart from each other anyways? I also believe using disinfectant will be a quicker and easier process after the game with ceramic.

In a perfect world, I'd have everybody wear plastic gloves - but I probably won't require it. I'll wear them myself though along with a mask. Everybody coming are people I have known personally for years and know through their word and social media that they have been practicing satisfactory social distancing. Furthermore we are all in our early 20's with no direct link to elderly or sick.

What precautions if any are you thinking about for your game? How long until you go to or host a home game if you haven't already?

Gloves are a waste of time and resources. Masks are the most important piece of equipment to prevent spread of any infection as COVID spreads through respiratory droplets. Eyeglasses or goggles would help too so you're not tempted to touch your eyes. I would ask that someone washes their hands again before touching anything if they are caught rubbing their nose, mouth, or eyes, but masks should reduce or eliminate the temptation.

Have everyone wash their hands before sitting down, before leaving the table, and before returning to the table.

I don't think you need to have any concern about clay vs. ceramic chips. You can clean or disinfect if you'd like, but if you use the chips and put them away for a few days before using them again, any lingering virus particles will be long dead before you use the chips again unless you're running twice a week games. Same goes for cards. No need to disinfect, IMO unless you plan on using the cards again sometime soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom