Home game food ideas? (1 Viewer)

I know some people like to combine food with poker to make it a whole dinner party event. That's not for me. What you've listed is perfect for me, and the only thing I'd add to the rotation is hot dogs. I play poker for the poker, not for the food. I mention this not to sound like a jerk, but to raise the question, do your players care?
Probably not. I put out food because it keeps the game going longer, and it lessens people bringing their own food which may well be messier.

Forget about a hot dog roller.

Give me a Sausage Wheel! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1613306281490.png

Oddly, we do occasionally have vegan food available (not counting veggie sticks, which are usually available). However, I no longer prepare the vegan dish - it is brought by a guest.
I mean if we look at the facts, zombies prefer flesh. So being a vegan zombie would be a pretty tough gig :LOL: :laugh:

I mean if we look at the facts, zombies prefer flesh. So being a vegan zombie would be a pretty tough gig :LOL: :laugh:
Not really. Vegans don’t eat animals because they have rights too. After many philosophical debates I am pretty sure vegan zombies would happily chow down on humans. I think they’d view it as a teaching moment.

I was reading the cleaning instructions on that. It says it's simple to clean in 3 easy steps.
  1. Unplug the unit
  2. Wait for it to cool
  3. Pay someone else to wash it.
I thought all you would have to do is put it in the bed of a pick up truck and drive through a car wash

Some successful snacks i found worked well...

Fried cheesy Doritos ( i think if i asked my friends, most would vote this as a favorite)
stromboni
deep fried penne with sauce as a dip
deep fried raviolis sauce as a dip
Sashimi
Korean style fried chicken

I once did a a Louisiana Cajun crawfish boil...big mistake

We typically play at a time after dinner so there isn’t an expectation for real food. Peanut butter filled pretzels are a hit and not messy, reasonable to eat (at my table anyway). Other folks have especially non messy food? What is the typical etiquette for “snack food”? Ok at the table, or keep it away?

Other cylindrical foods also work well on the hotdog roller for a little variety - corn dogs, egg rolls, spring rolls, pancake sausages, taquitos, etc

Don't do much for the league nights but when I do a Saturday night (the wife is gone) double tourney night the biggest hit has been a crock pot full of my Almost Famous Chorizo Chili. Feeds 20 easily.

Here are a couple ideas we have used:
Ordering catering from different local restaurants.
Asian Themed dinner
Breakfast for Dinner
Taco Bar
We like having some fresh cut fruit and/or salad
Cheese and/or Charcuterie board

We typically play at a time after dinner so there isn’t an expectation for real food. Peanut butter filled pretzels are a hit and not messy, reasonable to eat (at my table anyway). Other folks have especially non messy food? What is the typical etiquette for “snack food”? Ok at the table, or keep it away?
No food on the table. Non messy foods like PB pretzels (my guys love these too), sandwiches, or dishes eaten with a fork I let them eat at but not on the table. Anything messy, drippy, or greasy (pizza, McDonald's, etc) you're eating away from the table and washing your hands before touching my chips and cards again lol.

Here are a couple ideas we have used:
Ordering catering from different local restaurants.
Asian Themed dinner
Breakfast for Dinner
Taco Bar
We like having some fresh cut fruit and/or salad
Cheese and/or Charcuterie board
Been wanting to try the fresh fruit/cheese/meat tray. Haven't cuz whatever I'm putting out is usually also dinner for me and the kids on a Saturday night and idk if that's gonna be filling enough for me lol

Dinner for last night's game, Chili con corn, cornbread, jalapeno cornbread, corn casserole, and Mac and Cheese
2021-02-13 17.59.02.jpg

You can see how full the pots were, and this was when we were still waiting for about 1/4 of the players to arrive.

I don't understand threads that discuss "late arrivals". Arrive late, go hungry.

I try to do finger foods. I love sausage balls. Making 3 kinds for next game, breakfast, chorizo and spicy Italian sausages. Do a cheese and meat and cracker tray. Some chips.

Mainly just snack foods to munch on during the game. Especially when it gets late.

Steak for my first 5 customers. Cause my crowd is usually late and we never start on time.

I’ve been doing tacos for my poker nights. Easy. Tasty. Not crazy expensive. There is an authentic place down the street from me so chicken and steak tacos, guacamole, chips salsa, boom, easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom