Home game food ideas? (1 Viewer)

I am a big fan of various types of chili. I do a white chicken chili. A normal chili with beans. And a chili/fritos that is more like a chili dog topper.
copy cat zupa toscana soup
Ham n bean soup
Knoephla soup
Low country shrimp boil soup
Beef stew
Beef bourguignon
Mexican Stew (copy cat El Azteca)
Pulled pork

I am a big fan of making what I need for Thursday on Sunday and freezing so I can just warm up Thursday night
Also

Has anyone used one of these to good effect. Just seen them in a shop close to me for £29.99. was thinking keeping cheese sauce, fried onions and salsa warm etc. hot dog toppings really.

802920430370600-A.jpg

Has anyone used one of these to good effect. Just seen them in a shop close to me for £29.99. was thinking keeping cheese sauce, fried onions and salsa warm etc. hot dog toppings really.

View attachment 645705

I have one of these that I picked up at Sam’s club around Christmas a couple years ago for about $40. Work great for keeping food warm, but it can also be used as an actual slow cooker for side dishes. It works very well.

AF83C11A-3343-4381-AA9F-A105EFE05BA1.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/Tru-BS-325LR...ords=3+unit+slow+cooker&qid=1614523802&sr=8-5

AA99F73E-1269-488E-B7D1-68D16F576774.jpeg

Last edited:
For the games I host, we did small things and a crowd favorite is little smokys, wrapped in bacon, covered with brown sugar, and baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Not sure if there’s a name for that but that’s what we did. Also smoked jalapeño poppers.

For the games I host, we did small things and a crowd favorite is little smokys, wrapped in bacon, covered with brown sugar, and baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Not sure if there’s a name for that but that’s what we did. Also smoked jalapeño poppers.
pigs in blankets with sugar, sounds awesome. Will give this a try for myself anyway one day :love:

That definitely needs to happen...

My girl did Filipino food last week, pancit and fried rice. Best part was watching everyone try to use chopsticks!

My girl did Filipino food last week, pancit and fried rice. Best part was watching everyone try to use chopsticks!
I'm a "standard" American white guy. Never used chopsticks until I was on a date in my late teens (maybe even early 20's). I adapted to the chopsticks like I was born using them.

Then I moved to the south. I was baffled by the number of people that were either amazed, or somehow infuriated by my use of chopsticks. It's amazing that capable adults struggle with something that billions of children do effortlessly.

I'm a "standard" American white guy. Never used chopsticks until I was on a date in my late teens (maybe even early 20's). I adapted to the chopsticks like I was born using them.

Then I moved to the south. I was baffled by the number of people that were either amazed, or somehow infuriated by my use of chopsticks. It's amazing that capable adults struggle with something that billions of children do effortlessly.
chop sticks are the devils work :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: hate the things haha.

@Dugthefish lucky man, out of all the billions of asian women i end up with one that hates her own countries food and cant cook it for sh*t either :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Billions of children start to speak Chinese too, at an improbably early age:)

You think the South is bad for chopsticks, try Paris, France. I'm guessing higher per capita density of Asian restaurants, and I see almost everyone two-handing their chopsticks.

My estimate is that just around 150 people can really do that today...:D
It's possible your intention was for comedic effect, but let's be honest, 150 seems highly unlikely and bordering on irresponsible to publish in a public forum.

We all know you are wildly overestimating that figure.

I know hot dog rollers are the current king, but boy do I want to try out one of these sometime:

1323418.jpg

But where do they sell that big chunk of gyro meat?

I've already got a source for that! Kronos makes their meat tops pretty accessible if you know where to look. Then there's also al pastor night and brazilian bbq night, just think of the possibilities!

These are all really good ideas. I've just been getting $1 McChickens from McDonalds. Everyone likes McChickens
Most of my players also bring a dish to pass. Once, a player was running late (she had to close up her shop) so she just swung by Taco Bell. She apologized for the lackluster dish, because most people make something home-made.

The tacos went pretty much untouched through the pre-game dinner and the first 2 breaks.

By 3rd break, alcohol had kicked in. Only one taco made it to 4th break - There were 20 tacos.

Never underestimate the awesomeness of fast food.

Last edited:
Most of my players also bring a dish to pass. Once, a player was running late (she had to close up her shop) so she just swung by Taco Bell. She apologized for the lackluster dish, because most people make something home-made.

The tacos went pretty much untouched through the pre-game dinner and the first 2 breaks.

By 3rd break, alcohol had kicked in. Only one taco made it to 4th break - There were 20 tacos.

Never underestimate the awesomeness of fast food.
Hahaha thats very true! I was reading this thread like dam I have to step it up. But yeah especially when everyone is drunk and its late they definitely appreciate the fast food. I've never had leftovers. And thats a good idea with the potluck style sounds like an awesome home game

At my weekly game, I seem be in a rut rotating through pizza and subs/deli meat & rolls. Getting boring. Occasionally in the summer I'll smoke some meat or do something else on the grill. Any other ideas? I try to focus on ease of preperation/serving and non-messy, most of my players like to munch rather than take a full table break to eat.
shrimp skewers. just got a traeger so i smoke meat also

At my weekly game, I seem be in a rut rotating through pizza and subs/deli meat & rolls. Getting boring. Occasionally in the summer I'll smoke some meat or do something else on the grill. Any other ideas? I try to focus on ease of preperation/serving and non-messy, most of my players like to munch rather than take a full table break to eat.
Rice bowls are easy. Cook a pot of rice, heat some beans, chop some veggies, some pulled or chopped chicken or pork, with some optional hot/BBQ/other sauces for a simple make-your-own setup. Everybody gets to pick their own toppings, and if chopped well, easy to eat without making a mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom