Home game dealing (1 Viewer)

I am super OCD and full time deal all my single table sessions. Like others have said, I actually really enjoy dealing, and it keeps me super tied into the betting patterns. It also keeps me from drinking to much whiskey, which also helps my game. None of my 7 regulars have taken the time to learn a proper dealer riffle. Lazy degenerates. I have whoever had the button last collect the cards and give it a crappy/traditional grandma shuffle or two. Then, when I grab the deck to deal the next hand, I give it a proper dealer riffle, a box riffle, another riffle, and a cut. With all the practice over the years, I can do this really fast. If I had the button last, I just ask someone to help me out with collecting and preliminary shuffle. We are all close friends and none of them have any concerns about me trying to somehow cheat.

I know I am in the minority, but I hate shuffle behind. Too confusing. Flame on, lol.
I hate it too. I like to shuffle if im pitching.

I sometimes see cash games where there is a dedicated dealer, but they run two decks in order to save time (shuffling the previous hands deck during the current). Its silly to me for many reasons. Dropping the current deck being one.

A standard shuffle of riffle, riffle, box, riffle, and cut should take no more than 10 seconds from a professional or semi professional dealer.

For home games with a passing deal, i would teach the group the standard shuffle (riffle, riffle, box, riffle, cut) and require it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom