Home game - crazy pinapple hand (1 Viewer)

Eriks

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Villain 1: same villain from the AA-hand I posted. Cut from there:
He is loose aggressive, plays a lot of pots with a great variety of holdings. He is positionally aware however and will not play super wide from oop. He is sticky and tricky and does not like to give up pots too easily. He likes to put his opponents to the test. Bluffs too much in my opinion but nothing too crazy.

He can make some strange plays such as raising weakish top pairs/middle pairs on dry boards but can generally navigate well thereafter.

He will generally play good draws fast. He can slowplay nutted hands but usually not on wet boards.

villain 2: ”the live one”. Much can be said about why he is bad but his main problem is his inability to assess and reassess relative hand strength. He can feel he’s entitled to win a pot because he started out with a good hand/good flop and no bad run outs will stop him from making huge bets that only better hands will call. He is also very curious and will talk himself into making calls, especially if he’s up in the game.

He has a bet size tell where small raises usually means he has a very good hand (in his mind, so not neccessarily an absoulte tru).

None of us know too much about crazy pinapple strategy but it’s safe to asume that villain 1 will take into account the impact of a third card relative to hold em but villain 2 will not.

the hand: crazy pinapple 2/4 krona (=$0.2/0.4)

Hero - co/utg with ~2200
Villain 1 - sb with ~ 1400
Villain 2 - bb with ~ 1800

I open to 12 with

:as::ts::tc:

Btn folds, villain 1 and 2 calls.

Flop (36) :ah::qd::td:

villain 1 leads for 20, villain 2 raises to 50. Not in love with any option here. Can’t fold, don’t wanna raise. I discard my ace and coldcall the 50. Villain 1 calls behind me and we see a nasty turn:

turn (186) :ah::qd::td::kd:

villain 1 checks and villain 2 quickly bets 100. Seems super week to fold here but I don’t wanna call with villan 1 behind who can easily have a made flush and I’m not sure if my full house outs are clean if someone has QQ/AA.

Is turn a fold? Should I have played flop any different?

Re-raise to 200 on the flop. As-played, call 100 on turn (folding to a v1 raise) and hope the board pairs on the river. AA and QQ are the least of my worries.

As played, this is an, "Oh well, fold" situation. It's even more clear since you had a blocker ( :as:) to the 2 pair combos you beat. Since those hands are now less likely, it's more likely their value ranges are straights or flushs.

Re-raise to 200 on the flop. As-played, call 100 on turn (folding to a v1 raise) and hope the board pairs on the river. AA and QQ are the least of my worries.

I think the flop is the most interesting part of this hand. 3-betting the flop would be trivial in hold em but I was really unsure in this spot. What do I do if 4-bet by either villain?

As played I agree it’s unlikely I’m up against QQ and very unlikely against AA. At the time my thinking was exactly along the lines of what @boeller and @Legend5555 suggested and I did make the turn fold.

I sorta patted myself on the back
since villain 1 min raised to 200, villain 2 called and then called another 350 on a blank river.

Turned out villain 2 hade KJo for the flopped straight (excellent example of his sense of entitlement and not being able to reassess his hand strength) and villain 1 had the old:jd::9d: for a turned straight flush.

Resluts aside, maybe it’s worth calling the turn trying to fill up knowing AA or QQ are less likely. Damn, it’s hard enough trying to figure out what to do when starting with 2 cards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom