Home Case with Great History (1 Viewer)

Mac128k

Flush
Reaction score
I've wanted to get my chips out of travel cases forever. After a remodel I got a little space in the house and went on the hunt. I looked for months for something and was mostly hunting for a map cabinet type thing.

In my hunt I came across this beast. I knew it the instant I saw the picture of it on CraigsList! You see, I grew up with this case. It was like seeing an old friend that had fallen on tough times. I'll explain...

I'm a musician. Drums mostly but a little guitar. My dad is a guitarist and my grandfather was a drummer. From a baby I was exposed to music so I fell into it naturally.
In my town there is (more like was which I'll get to) a music store that has been around for generations. It was legendary for how awesome it was. Touring musicians would visit from SF it was that special. When you walked in, it was like Cheers where everyone knew you name and shouted 'hello'. It ruled and from when I was a kid I went there all the time. I even worked there for a short time as a teen.

This case is the case that was in that store! It had glass shelves and doors and I looked into this thing for nearly 40 years of my life drooling on all of the cool gear inside it. The owner retired and sold the store to a jackass who promptly got rid of all of the life-long employees and ruined a local legend. I stopped going and during the "modernization" this thing was tossed outside and left to rot with a CL ad of $40. Thankfully I saw it and hustled down to the store to pick it up.

I'm not a huge fan of oak furniture but I had to have it. I made oak shelves for it because the glass was broken. The key on the lock still has the tape and name of what cabinet it belonged to. There is great patina and wear from being opened a million times to show something to a customer. I absolutely love it!

I won't name the place out of respect but if you are a Bay Area musician, you know it. Please keep it to yourself :)
I included a picture of it in the store before it was tossed outside.

IMG_4154.JPG IMG_4156.JPG IMG_4160.JPG store.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom