• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine holy shit, this is sick , I can't handle this overprice anymore (1 Viewer)

I mean at least it is progressive
Screenshot_20210920-081604_eBay.jpg

That was a year ago.

Don't know about you guys but my investments are doing pretty well! Lol
20220312_122505.jpg

More like buy for 1.59
List for $4 the next day
Glad those golden tickets went to a good use
Same, same.....

I'm not really sure why it bothers me, but it does. I guess it's mostly because I don't feel like it is in the spirit of chipping, but rather in the spirit of profiting. The whole thing reminds me of a Ponzi scheme.

Unfortunately. It doesn't seem like there is a good way to regulate or stop it. I know eventually someone is left holding the proverbial bag of dog shit and that isn't right, but how do you stop this?

but how do you stop this?
1. Don’t participate. Don’t buy or sell them.
2. Only buy them if they are worth “the cost to use” to you. Similar to buying a car - you can buy a cheap used one that does the job, or you can buy a Ferrari. But if you buy the Ferrari don’t bitch about the price of cars.
3. Don’t worry about what other “free to make their own decision” people are doing. Everybody has the right to go to hell in their own way.

Same, same.....

I'm not really sure why it bothers me, but it does. I guess it's mostly because I don't feel like it is in the spirit of chipping, but rather in the spirit of profiting. The whole thing reminds me of a Ponzi scheme.

Unfortunately. It doesn't seem like there is a good way to regulate or stop it. I know eventually someone is left holding the proverbial bag of dog shit and that isn't right, but how do you stop this?
There is only one way... and that way is to somehow convince folks not to pay those prices... doesn't matter though, someone will always pay it!

BTW not sure you heard but that Ben guy is finally selling his (cough cough... entry level 05 CDIs) for $50 per chip... get in while you still can! Lmao
Glad those golden tickets went to a good use
Hey now, we still have our chips and absolutely zero plans to sell. I used one rack of snappers for trade to get the yellows (I don't like the snappers as fracs for this set at all!) Other than that every Indiana Grand chip is present and accounted for.

Hypocritical though I did buy a rack for and increased price after the sale to fill in the gaps. But hey everyone else is doing it right? Uggh

There is only one way... and that way is to somehow convince folks not to pay those prices... doesn't matter though, someone will always pay it!

BTW not sure you heard but that Ben guy is finally selling his (cough cough... entry level 05 CDIs) for $50 per chip... get in while you still can! Lmao

Hey now, we still have our chips and absolutely zero plans to sell. I used one rack of snappers for trade to get the yellows (I don't like the snappers as fracs for this set at all!) Other than that every Indiana Grand chip is present and accounted for.

Hypocritical though I did buy a rack for and increased price after the sale to fill in the gaps. But hey everyone else is doing it right? Uggh
You got yours to keep though
Different story

I waited to just buy what I needed after the hour not hoard the max set
Possible to turn around and auction

That worked out great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom