Holy crazy design Batman! New custom Batman design started (2 Viewers)

Dezmond

Pair
Reaction score
Hey hey everyone! So I have finally decided to let the cat out of the bag and show off the beginnings of an amazing set of custom chips! I grew up watching the 1960’s Batman tv show with my brother and recently again with my kids (they love it) and have decided to create a custom Batman chipset as well as a custom table. Plan is to probably do two different sets (one cash, one tourney).

A huge shout out and thanks to @timinater for helping me design these.

Would love to get opinions and possible changes etc for these. Let me know what you all think.

Batman Theme Set v4-04.jpg

Batman Theme Set v4-05.jpg

Any input on the two different styles?

One set would be the symbols like you see on one side. The cat eyes and woo, mr freeze, the joker ha ha ha, etc and the bat mobile on the other.

The second set would be the pics of the characters on the one side and bat mobile on the other side.

Any thoughts?

Do photos or do symbols. But don't switch in the middle. That pengiun in the first one doesn't fit at all.

I love the second set though. So much iconic imagery to pull from. I beg of you, use the Bat Shark Repellent in the set somewhere :p

I would not use photographs. Find some way to vectorize it, flatten it, cartoonify it, but not photoreal graphics.
This was my thought too, I love the Bat Cave side but the characters and batmobile (from the TV show) would look great in retro comic style drawings, it would then be easier to marry non photographic items, not from the show like the symbols to get a nice cohesive set.

The Paymaster set is one of my all time favourites, if you could achieve cohesion like that, yum.

Thanks everyone so far on the replies :) We are going to shift our efforts to the second set (pics) and see where that takes us! I love your ideas and I hope to put them to use. I want to make a full set with all the extra goodies like cut cards, bounty, all in, dealer, sm and big blinds, etc.

I’m also planning to build my first table and have Tony print the cloth for me :). Still jotting down ideas for the design on that one as I am building a shop to be able to build the table :). Ya I said that right. I have a garage but it’s full and too small. So I got the ok from the wife and I am building a 12x20 shed/shop. I will post pics of that when I start the table build.

Thanks again everyone and I can’t wait to get your opinions on this set.

1665014369032.png

It is all about the villians!
Make Robin the bounty, Ratman the dealer button
& Alfred the all in chip.
edit: & yellow ring around the penguin

Last edited:
I love the paymaster set for sure. I just don’t know how to create something similar with the 60’s Batman theme. Any ideas?

New update!!!!!!! I really like how these are turning out! @timinater does amazing work!

Let me know what you think. The last two are the cut cards :).

Getting closer.
View attachment 1000439View attachment 1000440View attachment 1000441View attachment 1000442
Yes he does! He’s the man.
On the chip side, I was originally going to say if rather see a black $1 Batman chip with black being such a prominent Batman color. The more I thought about it though that makes more sense to me on a modern Batman set, and the white works well on a retro Batman theme

Yes he does! He’s the man.
On the chip side, I was originally going to say if rather see a black $1 Batman chip with black being such a prominent Batman color. The more I thought about it though that makes more sense to me on a modern Batman set, and the white works well on a retro Batman theme
I think we are getting close... I would love to hear the input from everyone here.. I am a newbie and really want to make sure my first set is awesome!!

I seem to have a little artist in the family. My daughter was looking at these and said the same thing. “Dad you should make these more cartoon like. I can draw them for you”.
Aaaaand so far she has given me these as examples and she wants to try the joker as well. View attachment 1001695

She's definitely on the right track, they look great! you can still tell it's from the TV show which is exactly what you want.

Will the dots still show when applied over the first flat image? Perhaps a little background?

I'm sure you have but tell her great work.

WOW... Tim is the BEST!!!!! Here is (what I think at least) the final version for my Batman set. I was thinking cartoon from your suggestions but this series from the 60's was all real characters. The Batman with Adam West and Burt Ward as cartoons came out in an episode of Scooby Doo I believe in 1972. So I wanted to keep in real for this set....

I am going to have Tina get a sample set made so I can see how it looks and I am getting cut cards done up in the group buy that is going on now.

Next up will be table design and custom cloth from Tony..... Can't wait to start that one.... Gonna be fun....

The Batcave v6_set.jpg
The Batcave v6_dealer button.jpg
The Batcave v6_accessory chips.jpg
The Batcave v6_cut card yellow.jpg
The Batcave v6_cut card grey.jpg

WOW... Tim is the BEST!!!!! Here is (what I think at least) the final version for my Batman set. I was thinking cartoon from your suggestions but this series from the 60's was all real characters. The Batman with Adam West and Burt Ward as cartoons came out in an episode of Scooby Doo I believe in 1972. So I wanted to keep in real for this set....

I am going to have Tina get a sample set made so I can see how it looks and I am getting cut cards done up in the group buy that is going on now.

Next up will be table design and custom cloth from Tony..... Can't wait to start that one.... Gonna be fun....

View attachment 1006137View attachment 1006136View attachment 1006133View attachment 1006135View attachment 1006134
Are you sure you want the pink quarter and the red $5 to both have green edge spots? Might create a dirty stack issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom