holy crap, Ovo gets all his chips out, 60K ?? (1 Viewer)

Anyway here are a few pics of sets under the tables, getting organized , etc.... more to follow
Six months have passed since this post..... are you still getting organized, or did the stark reality of the daunting task finally set in and it was abandoned? lol

Would still love to see some pics, particularly of the one-of-a-kind things you have amassed.

Six months have passed since this post..... are you still getting organized, or did the stark reality of the daunting task finally set in and it was abandoned? lol

Would still love to see some pics, particularly of the one-of-a-kind things you have amassed.
I did post a few pics in other threads, but I was over-whelmed and had to put them away. I took over the living room for too long.

Unfortunately @ovo has been buried under an avalanche of chips and was forced to chew his own leg off to free himself from his personal chip tomb. Ironically though, he immediately began to run those chips around his now divorced leg through the ultrasonic cleaner before proceeding to seek medical attention.

We admire your bravery and expected no less from you.

We hope no harm has come to the chips :)

@ovo I want to thank you for posting this. I have 4 playable sets, totaling about 6,000 chips.
I showed your post to my wife and she no longer believes I have a "Chip Problem"........

I've been wanting to do this, but anyone that has this many chips understands the monumental task. I have the week off, spent today setting up my table, bringing the chip sets out. Really wanted to do an inventory, but I will probably snap some pics, (stepson has a new lens that I need ). I really need to clean a lot of them, but that is a lot of work. Anyway here are a few pics of sets under the tables, getting organized , etc.... more to follow, wish me luck

View attachment 51472 View attachment 51473 View attachment 51474 View attachment 51475 View attachment 51476 View attachment 51477 View attachment 51478 View attachment 51479 View attachment 51480 View attachment 51481 View attachment 51482

I was thinking about this sort of subject the other day: "How much space would a million chips take?"

The words invoke images of Scrooge McDuck and rivers of chips, but 10,000 chips really only takes a few cubic feet of space, you "could" fit a million chips on a single large table, as long as your table is literally rated to hold more than one Metric Tonne of chips (or 1.5 Tonnes of metal slugs chips).

nearby 3 years later i request an update
13675-thumb.png

"Death / coffin suits have no pockets really" is a mantra every collector or rich man should remember. These (whatever these may be) are going to stay here.:)

I'm nowhere near 60K. I think my high point was around 35,000 and it's probably in the 17,000-18,000 range now. Been trying to get down to 10K for awhile now, and finding it's pretty much impossible.
Well, looking back at this post 2-1/2 years ago, that turned out to be false (except the last part). I've bought more -- many, many more -- and easily sold off more than half, and I'm still at around 25K total. Downsizing is really hard, so I can appreciate what Frank @ovo has accumulated over the years.

Best we might get is a vault shot. But it'll probably be a picture of a lot of boxes so what's the point.
Actually, with very rare exceptions, almost all of my chips today are racked. Most get played, and I fondly gaze upon them all on a regular basis. :)

@ovo - PM me your address and I'll take time to come over and help you "organize." :whistle: :whistling:

And for those of you who want a taste of "some" of ovo's sets, here are barrels from some of them (2018 Battle of the Bay meetup) and to give you a sense of volume, if he has 64K chips this is 5% of them:

Last edited:
What's up, digging up old threads. I wish I had time to look at my chips. My shit company is working me like a dog :(

What's up, digging up old threads. I wish I had time to look at my chips. My shit company is working me like a dog :(
And if you are so busy that you are on here and have time to grumble, then you have time to grab a random case of chips and take photos to post here. :)

I'll reiterate my offer to help you "organize." I'll even bring Guinness?

Sad to hear. But apparently they are doing enough to keep you in the quantity of chips to which you have become accustomed. :D
I think I"m finally slowing down, I hate competition, prices keep going up. I can't even get anything from a chiproom sale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom