Hobbies apart from poker/poker chips (1 Viewer)

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello all,
What hobbies do you have outside of the realm of poker and poker chips?
Personally, I normally trawl the internet reading random things. I find it pleasantly distracting to just wander around Wikipedia reading without any real aim. I think I just find it relaxing. I also enjoy doing the same thing on Youtube. I watch a video and then just keep selecting something from the "related videos" to watch afterwards. You end up at some fairly odd and silly places.
Outside of the internet, I enjoy cooking and eating. I'm not very good at cooking. I only make simple things but I still enjoy them.

I like to spend my time with friends and my family. I like to go out and just cruise the car around for a bit to just enjoy the scenery or just take a walk and listen to music.
Those are just a smidge of the things I do outside of just playing poker and what not.

I don't have many hobbies since I do so much work and school at the moment. I used to do a lot of martial arts, I should probably start that again, it'd really help with the stress I go through sometimes.

Which martial art did you do? I used to do Aikido and Eskrima. Unfortunately I haven't had time to go to Aikido in a long while. The Eskrima group I was attending basically shut down due to lack of interest. It was a college related thing and relied on the university for funding. If you did not have enough people, they would shut it down eventually.

I am an avid Camper and Trekker.

I love to spend as much time as possible outdoors, away from all the stress of society.

I like spending my time watching television and when I was 14-15 I was pretty good at skateboarding, it was my one and only hobby :)

JK, Actually I enjoy MMA and have trained in BJJ for going on 4 years now.

I actually enjoy playing a bit of Pool and Snooker with my mates.
I'm a bit of a pro in that area, if I say so myself :)

I enjoy working on my poker site if that counts. I also like to have a few beers, smoke, and be social with my friends. I'm a big Toronto Maple Leafs fan too, so I watch every game. Other then that I don't have very many hobbies that don't include poker.

i like to build models of bridges and trains in N or HO scale

I was into stick making for a while. Mad a couple hiking staffs, and a nice cane. Still have the carving knives, but lost the drive. Used to coach soccer until the kids knew more than I did about the game, so now I watch my daughter play.

I'm into health and fitness training. I'm not getting any younger so I decided to take better care of myself. Actually starting a new diet and exercise program that officially starts on Sunday. Would like to train in some type of fighting/martial arts and am leaning towards Krav Maga when I have more time and money. Maybe I should spend less on poker chips....

Nah! :cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom