High Stakes Poker coming back (1 Viewer)

Another thing... I settle on Norm Macdonald instead Gabe Kaplan but only if Bill Clinton will play...

Last edited:
It's just I am tired of talking about Phill H. I not his fan but I respect him. If you manage to last 20 years in this business....
Actually 29 years between his first bracelet and his most recent, record, 15th. But who’s counting?

Bet he does...
Oh, you want to hate him even more? He gives all of his bracelets away (that’s not the bad part) and at a recent game, he spent half the night talking about promising his 19th bracelet to Rob Yong, because he’s already promised his 16th, 17th, and 18th to other people.

Stapes and Nick Schulman FTW. I'll take Ali as a 2nd to Stapes.
I like stapes, have met and played with him a couple times, but his commentary can get annoying. He’s fine alongside somebody who knows their shit, David Tuchman and he were a good combo for the Galfond challenge stream. Jamie Kerstetter’s commentary is fantastic IMO, she’s a great player and funny and entertaining.
Best duos:
1) Ali and Nick GOAT
2) Stapes and Tuck or Jamie K
3) Norm/Tuck/Ali
4) Gabe and Ali
5) will Kassouf

Oh, you want to hate him even more? He gives all of his bracelets away (that’s not the bad part) and at a recent game, he spent half the night talking about promising his 19th bracelet to Rob Yong, because he’s already promised his 16th, 17th, and 18th to other people.
He is egomaniac married to psychiatrist

+1 for Nick Schulman. He did the SuperHighRoller Bowls & PokerMasters (plus more I reckon) and both of those are PokerCentral PokerGO I think. He isn’t overly poker nerdy but is obviously very knowledgeable and communicates it well to the audience

I just realize that Nick Schulman is the guy that commented on High Roller Cash Game... He is great, he just needs a co-host that will bring some humor to the program....

I don’t think Doug is a good fit. He seems much too wrappped up on GTO analysis, which really isn’t what this game is about.

What should a commentator commentate on if not on optimal play? Playing poker well is exactly what poker is about

What should a commentator commentate on if not on optimal play? Playing poker well is exactly what poker is about
Because GTO analysis and explanation is tedious? Sure it's educational, but it's neither entertaining nor applicable to the majority of recs who probably make up the majority of the audience.

Because GTO analysis and explanation is tedious? Sure it's educational, but it's neither entertaining nor applicable to the majority of recs who probably make up the majority of the audience.
What else is there to commentate on though? iirc much of the commentary in the original run was just on table dynamics and drama.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom