High Players Are The Best! A 1/2 NL Hand (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Playing the 1/2 ($200 max) game at Silks in Tampa and a kid showed up later in the night and was pretty high.

I raise JJ in EP to $10 and one player calls and this kid raises to $30. I shove the remainder of my $155 into the pot and he insta-calls with pocket 2's!!!!!

My hand held, I was just blown away that he called with a hand that was at best coin-flipping. I love this game sometimes :)

Nits can't hold their smoke, dat's what it is

b181209312378e771accba728d9161ad.jpg

I hope you were nice to him and said you just got lucky! Man I really hate it - most prevalent online among the fish who think they have skills - when player belittle another for weak play. These are the people we want playing!

Also, life's just too short to be yet another internet troll. In Canada, pot is (almost) legal so hopefully we'll have some of those experiences up here!

I hope you were nice to him and said you just got lucky! Man I really hate it - most prevalent online among the fish who think they have skills - when player belittle another for weak play. These are the people we want playing!

Also, life's just too short to be yet another internet troll. In Canada, pot is (almost) legal so hopefully we'll have some of those experiences up here!

I only bust on people I personally know, and it's just friendly ball-busting

At the poker table against randoms I don't berate or educate, my goel is to make sure they are having fun and want to stay

Love it man. I'm just getting serious about this poker thing but it seems like a fairly basic concept. Currently living in rural Alberta but planning on putting a game together soon (just need a table to go with the new chips I recently procured). Tried live poker for the first time a month ago and I realized that there's some skills that need to be developed in order to successfully transition from online to live. I've obviously read all about it but the open size variation, never-fold mentality (way more sticky), greater variation in player types, no HUD stats were tougher to deal with than I had thought. Also, man live is so much slower; hard to concentrate.

Anyway, I'm officially hooked so I have a significant amount of work to do to sweep myself up. This turned pretty random from the initial post but I'm already finding this to be a pretty cool spot to chat about things.

Risky shove by you. Crazy call by him. 9/10 times you're only getting called by a hand that has you crushed. Glad it worked out for you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom