High hand pinball machine ? (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this game? There is one for sale here locally.

DA7A2B52-BCEB-437D-B342-F23935F0B02C.jpeg

Thanks!!
The seller had sent me to pinside? web sight. It says its valued at $800-$900 I was trying to comfirm that value if possible.

Thanks!!
The seller had sent me to pinside? web sight. It says its valued at $800-$900 I was trying to comfirm that value if possible.

I found an completed eBay listing for $650.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gottlieb-H...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Listing says:
Powers up but I can't play it. Was in storage since 1995. I only cleaned the glass to preserve patina. If you are a collector and pinball enthusiast you will be eager to restore.

I think that means it didn't work. Maybe he wasn't able to physically stand up and play? Not sure.

The sellers asking price is $500 that is looking reasonable to start haggling with. It would look very cool in a poker room!!

The sellers asking price is $500 that is looking reasonable to start haggling with. It would look very cool in a poker room!!

It definitely would look cool in a poker room. I'm no pinball expert, but if pinside says 800-900 and he's asking 500, I would think there are two possible scenarios:
1.) It's broken
2.) He just needs it gone now

If it's number two, it might be your gain. However, if it's number 1 you'll be putting more money into it if you want it working. The good news is that an EM machine is just a bunch of relays, wiring and fuses, so it may be easier to work on.

LOL ...I used to own one of those. Unless you are familiar with older EM machines, I would avoid buying it. They are not the same as newer SS games for parts and repairs

LOL ...I used to own one of those. Unless you are familiar with older EM machines, I would avoid buying it. They are not the same as newer SS games for parts and repairs

There ya go, Pat! First hand experience. I knew if I tread water long enough someone with the real knowledge would show up! ;)(y) :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!! I appreciate your time and knowledge on this!!

I would say if its working 100% and the backglass is super nice, then $600 tops. Problem with High Hand is once you knock down the drops, they don't reset. Awful gameplay to do that. I enjoyed it when I had it, but I wasn't sad to let it go

Lol Galaga and Galaxia were my games!! I just saw some new replicas of these games, which is how I ended up down this rabbit hole to begin with lol

@MaxB beat me to it. I’d say $500 is ballpark fair these days, but expect to put some work into teaching yourself how to work on EM machines. I also find it easier to work on modern games but EM machines are fun. I’ve played High Hand a few times. Liked it, but didn’t love it. I would trust maxb’s review.

All that said, I wouldn’t avoid an EM game if you find a decent deal on one. But I’d try to find one working so all you have to do if fix issues that pop up rather than try to get the thing working entirely.

@MaxB beat me to it. I’d say $500 is ballpark fair these days, but expect to put some work into teaching yourself how to work on EM machines. I also find it easier to work on modern games but EM machines are fun. I’ve played High Hand a few times. Liked it, but didn’t love it. I would trust maxb’s review.

All that said, I wouldn’t avoid an EM game if you find a decent deal on one. But I’d try to find one working so all you have to do if fix issues that pop up rather than try to get the thing working entirely.
The card theme as well as the vintage look of the machine was my attraction to this particular game. If I were to buy one it would be an older model form the 70's I think.

You will want Captain Card instead ....same game as High Hand but the drops reset (solving that one gameplay awfulness)

Jacks Open is a great older 70's EM machine with a Poker theme..... way more fun. Also might want to look into an Alien Poker. It's still old but its a solid state game, so 1000X easier to work on if something breaks. Mine needs a new backglass

20151210_201137.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom