High Hand Jackpot Payouts w/Circus Games (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Those of you that have a HH Jackpot -
How do you collect and/or payout when playing circus games?

In a nut shell we have a Quads or Straight Flush HH that continues until someone hits it. We feed the JP by raking $1 for every $50 in the pot.
Well since we have been playing dealers choice a lot and a lot of the guys are liking Omaha/SOHE/Double Board Games/etc, we have no one qualifying for the HH because we only pay out for NLHE. We have still been raking when playing circus games (which means every pot) but the fun of the HH has kinda went away.

What concessions, if any, do you make when you aren't playing much NLHE?

I don't have a HH jackpot, but do run two Bad Beat jackpots. I keep them separate and each have different qualifiers. Circus games are Quads beaten and NLHE is currently K's full beaten. If some jackass calls Hold Em at dealers choice night, I still rake for the Circus pot.

You could pay it out on a time period basis, like say every 2-3 hours, to the highest hand for that period. Once paid out, it would reset and collection would begin again.

You could pay it out on a time period basis, like say every 2-3 hours, to the highest hand for that period. Once paid out, it would reset and collection would begin again.

When we only played NLHE the thrill was getting a big jackpot. In our weekly games we don't play with a lot of $$, maybe $600-$800 in play, so when there was a HHJP of like $650 it got people excited and more people stuck around to try their hand playing some cash games.

If we continue to play more circus games I like the Bad Beat idea better.

Generally, I prefer BBJs, especially for circus game.

I wouldn't rake for a jackpot for any game that isn't eligible for said jackpot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom