Hide Out Design Thread (HideAway Card Room Tribute/Addon) (1 Viewer)

v1pe

Full House
Reaction score
Previous threads:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/frac-design-color-help-me-decide.30689/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/need-help-w-alternate-design-cardroom-name-tribute.33179/

Current Set (design not changing, except for the name):
hideaway 5c.png
hideaway 25c.png
hideaway 1.png
hideaway 5.png
hideaway 25.png

Next up, I have some decisions to make.

I went with "Hide Out" as suggested in the thread linked above by @CraigT78. But the space between the E and O and the blank card face kind of bugged me. It didn't bother me as much when it was covered up by a letter, but when it's right there in the middle of the chip it seemed like the :ah: should have a heart in the center.

What's your opinion on adding the heart, even though it strays just a bit from the original design which I'm trying to stay pretty true to?

hideaway alternates-v3.jpg

Also, I'm commissioning some $100's. I have a pretty clear personal favorite for color scheme, but I'm interested in what people think might look best with the set overall. I'm less sold on which spot pattern to go with, so feedback on your favorites between A-E would be helpful!

hideaway-100-01.jpg

hideaway-100-02.jpg

hideaway-100-03.jpg

Hat tip to @timinater for the fab designs and for being great to work with!

Why not just stretch out "HIDE OUT" so there's less space in between the words? Make it one word, even?

Why not just stretch out "HIDE OUT" so there's less space in between the words? Make it one word, even?

We did try some other options, but I preferred the options that kept the original spacing. Anything that didn't spread from the 'The' all the way to the other side of the end of the 'out' looked off balance to me. The example on the right to me looked like the text was pushed too far over and I also preferred the "THE" to be offset from the "CARD" text bellow it.

hideaway alternates-01.jpg

Any thought on the colors and spot progression for the 100s?

Need some help from all of you chip wizards out there!
I like the "E" designs, and would go with 3 personally. 2 uses yellow, which is on the 25. I don't mind 1e either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom