Hi-Lo button/puck? (1 Viewer)

HalfFish

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Looking through the various markers for blinds, missed blinds, kill, reserved etc. I occasionally see markers for “Hi” and “Lo” - in what situations are these used on a table? (I see on Wikipedia that some high/low split games require a declaration from a player as to what pot they’re targeting... is it to mark that?)

When you play Hi and Hi/Lo variations in the same night, some players forget what game they are on. The purpose of the puck is to remind the players whether the game is high only (designated by having the "Hi" side up) or high/low (designated by placing the "Lo" side up).

Last edited:
When you play Hi and Hi/Lo variations in the same night, some players forget what game they are on. The purpose of the puck is to remind the players whether the game is high only (designated by having the "Hi" side up) it high/low (designated by placing the "Lo" side up).
Cheers! Simpler than I thought!

Also, FWIW, we always play hands speak. You don't have to declare a low. You don't even need to know you have one. Roll your hand over and the table will assist in properly awarding the pot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom