Hi from San Diego, CA (1 Viewer)

crispybacon

Reaction score
Hi,
I had no idea about the poker chip world prior to last week. I started throwing around the idea of hosting a regular game and was pricing out chips, table, cards, etc when I came upon the different variations of chips, design, material, and history. I used to play a regular game in the early 2000s and we used cheap Walmart dice chips and figured that's what I'd buy again. Boy was I surprised to find that there was a whole world of chips including a forum and YT channels dedicated to the chip. After a bit of research and itching to get a game going asap, I bought a set of cash and tournament "Outlaw" chips from DPS. While waiting for them to arrive, I went deep down the rabbit hole and fell in love with DDLM, Tiki and Venereti ceramics. Before the Outlaws showed up, I had already ordered a sample set of the DDLMs and Tiki's hoping that I wasn't going to fall in love. Wrong. They are awesome, so much that my fiancé also chimed in to tell me how cool they looked. So I'm hooked on getting a few sets now and showing off when I host.

Anyway, wanted to say hi and glad to be part of the group.

welcome. Seems our SoCal base is growing on here. I'm trying to get a mini meet up game going in a few weeks, we may have an extra seat if you're interested.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/circus-games-101-in-san-diego-sunday-9-19.78201/

And if you ever want to build a live set, I could help...

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/vegas-harvesting-purge-2.78664/
Awesome! Let me check on dates and I'll get back to you. I'd like to learn more circus games.

Dude,
Your Bank count is in big trouble if your wife is on board too lol! But welcome, I’m in San Diego as well…
Jon

Hello and welcome to the forum . We have quite
a few members from the San Diego area …
Enough for hosted games if you want to play in
them . I am sure that invites will be forthcoming .
Just have fun !!!

Hi,
I had no idea about the poker chip world prior to last week. I started throwing around the idea of hosting a regular game and was pricing out chips, table, cards, etc when I came upon the different variations of chips, design, material, and history. I used to play a regular game in the early 2000s and we used cheap Walmart dice chips and figured that's what I'd buy again. Boy was I surprised to find that there was a whole world of chips including a forum and YT channels dedicated to the chip. After a bit of research and itching to get a game going asap, I bought a set of cash and tournament "Outlaw" chips from DPS. While waiting for them to arrive, I went deep down the rabbit hole and fell in love with DDLM, Tiki and Venereti ceramics. Before the Outlaws showed up, I had already ordered a sample set of the DDLMs and Tiki's hoping that I wasn't going to fall in love. Wrong. They are awesome, so much that my fiancé also chimed in to tell me how cool they looked. So I'm hooked on getting a few sets now and showing off when I host.

Anyway, wanted to say hi and glad to be part of the group.
Hello and welcome!
You are at the right place

So much information available here, and so many poker sets you are going to want to buy...

Enjoy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom