Hi from Germany (1 Viewer)

chipsandcookies

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum....so here`s my story :) the short version....
..saw the movie Rounderso_Oo_Oo_O........

the bit longer version.... I got into poker about 2005 or so, and immediatly loved the Poker Chips....and those Colors.OMG
So I started collecting and put together a few nice sets. 1 set of Paulson Private card Room, 1 Set of the Pharao Club, 1 Set of WTHC and a set of St Joe`s Frontier.
In about 2012 or 13 or so I sold my chips except for the St Joe`s. I wasent playing anymore and used the money otherwise. I thought, if I needed chips in the future, or got back in to collecting, I could just by the paulson online again....little did I know:eek:

I`ve been back in the game for about 2 years now, but chips have gotten really expensive, and in Germany had to come by.

plus, I cant decide what chip set to start collecting again.... I really love the Aurora Club Tournament set ( Silver hot stamp )...but they are out of my price range.

So If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment. They need to be really bright colors

Cheers

Welcome!

Love the St. Joes. Would be great to see a photo of your set!

Chip prices are crazy now, and I wouldn’t recommend buying any sets in the current market. Wait for the next sale from the Chip Room and you can get something nice without mortgaging your house ;)

Welcome!

Love the St. Joes. Would be great to see a photo of your set!

Chip prices are crazy now, and I wouldn’t recommend buying any sets in the current market. Wait for the next sale from the Chip Room and you can get something nice without mortgaging your house ;)
Thanks for the advice. I will probably wait fore something like that. I was also thinking of getting a custom set from CPC, but haven had the chance to see what they feel like ( if they are Paulson like ).
Prices are really crazy. I can remember... I bought my Frontier set for I think for $300 ( 550 chips new condition ). But it was around 2010

Willkommen! Love München, it’s a cool city. You will be in great company, lots of awesome German chippers around here.

Cool chips you have and have had! Got pics? We like pics :)

Willkommen! Love München, it’s a cool city. You will be in great company, lots of awesome German chippers around here.

Cool chips you have and have had! Got pics? We like pics :)
Thanks for the welcome.....Greetings to Sweden. This is my only complete set left.....:confused

Still deciding to either order a custom set from Classic Poker Chips, or going after / collecting a new Paulson set.
I really like the Aurora Star Tournament Chips / Silver Hotstamp. .... but man are they expensive...if you can find them.

Attachments

• 6458C68E-8F56-413F-AAEF-B29BEA0B06B5.jpeg
    6458C68E-8F56-413F-AAEF-B29BEA0B06B5.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for the welcome.....Greetings to Sweden. This is my only complete set left.....:confused

Still deciding to either order a custom set from Classic Poker Chips, or going after / collecting a new Paulson set.
I really like the Aurora Star Tournament Chips / Silver Hotstamp. .... but man are they expensive...if you can find them.

CPC chips have a completely different feel from Paulsons. With a CPC set you should have samples first, and if you decide to go that route also help from a designer, and a lot of time for the design and manufacturing process.

Welcome to PCF! Wow, those fracs are really something — never seen those before.

Super nice set and especially fracs! I bet those will earn you a few PMs.

I used to have an AST set. Very nice indeed but I mainly host cash so it felt stupid to tie up that much money in a set that mostly would sit on a shelf. You could build a set of bright colored THC solids and design your own labels or get someone here to hot stamp them for you. Might take some time to piece together but should be less expensive than an AST set. I’ll refer you to @OfficerLovejoy (one of the awesome German chippers) for advice on that.

CPC is of course another way to go. Very different from Paulsons of course but a great option. I have an inlayed cashset from there and used to own a hot stamped set way back when they were ASM. I am and have been very happy with my purchases from them.

CPC chips have a completely different feel from Paulsons. With a CPC set you should have samples first, and if you decide to go that route also help from a designer, and a lot of time for the design and manufacturing process.
Thanks for the info, I think I´ll order a set the next few weeks and have al look

Super nice set and especially fracs! I bet those will earn you a few PMs.

I used to have an AST set. Very nice indeed but I mainly host cash so it felt stupid to tie up that much money in a set that mostly would sit on a shelf. You could build a set of bright colored THC solids and design your own labels or get someone here to hot stamp them for you. Might take some time to piece together but should be less expensive than an AST set. I’ll refer you to @OfficerLovejoy (one of the awesome German chippers) for advice on that.

CPC is of course another way to go. Very different from Paulsons of course but a great option. I have an inlayed cashset from there and used to own a hot stamped set way back when they were ASM. I am and have been very happy with my purchases from them.
Thanks a lot for all your input, I really appreciate it. I never thought getting a new chip set would be that difficult...there are soooo many options.
I really don´t like to play my st. Jo set. I would like to keep them in mint condition. I have used them two times for a mid to higher buy in, but never used the fracs.

hey everybody..... I really want to thank everyone for the warm welcome to the Forum!!!

Thanks for the Info. I will probably get a sample set the next few weeks and check them out. I tried out a few designs, but I came up to about 2k for 500 chips...without shipping.

I really don´t like to play my st. Jo set. I would like to keep them in mint condition. I have used them two times for a mid to higher buy in, but never used the fracs.

I remember wanting to do the same with almost every single chip I owned. I then remembered that our time on this earth is limited. We pay some good money for these things. I say we deserve to enjoy them while we’re here!

I remember wanting to do the same with almost every single chip I owned. I then remembered that our time on this earth is limited. We pay some good money for these things. I say we deserve to enjoy them while we’re here!
That is true.....

Welcome good sir! Always nice to see a fellow countryman.
I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have, just shoot me a pm.

And I agree, chips are meant to be played not kept mint in a box.
We are lucky to collect things that can be used in a social setting for years and years and bring joy not only to us but also our friends.

This is probably the dream of every stamp collector. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome good sir! Always nice to see a fellow countryman.
I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have, just shoot me a pm.

And I agree, chips are meant to be played not kept mint in a box.
We are lucky to collect things that can be used in a social setting for years and years and bring joy not only to us but also our friends.

This is probably the dream of every stamp collector. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Thank you.... Its good to meet likeminded :)
I know what you mean,... that you should play the chips, but nobody appreciates them as much as I do. They are all used to playing with regular cheap plastic chips.
But I still think you`re right ... I´ll probably get them out at the next game

May I ask you a question, considering you`re almost my neighbor.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I´m looking to get a round poker table that fits 6 people. all I ever see is the regular oval size. Do you happen to know a online shop, or should I think about building my own.:rolleyes:
We now play on a regular sized Poker table, or kitchen Table with Felt on it, depending who hosts the game.

Those fracs and hundos are very nice. Nice set! Hello and welcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom