Hi from England chip enthusiasts (1 Viewer)

TTPOKER

Reaction score
Hi All,

Good to see I am not alone in seeking out the chip set. I am a huge fan of 'genuine' clays 10g. Paulson THC are sets that I am currently seeking out. Near mint/mint condition preferred. I also enjoy building custom chips (with a little help from the manufacturer). I am in the process of working on a genuine clay hot stamped set which I know will be stunning. I am used to price ranges of between 1k-3k for 500 single table tournament sets as I host a single table tournament casually, but would like to expand to 3 tables eventually.

Would love to hear of any tournament chipsets that you have picked up that were great to use, feel and see and some that maybe went above and beyond your original expectations that I could take a look at

All the best
TT

*seeking out the perfect chip set

Welcome! THC sets do pop up every once in a while in the classifieds but know that you will not be the only one interested, so prepare to act fast once a set is made available (talking minutes or sometimes even seconds).

I have two 2-table tournament sets: BCC Protege and a B&G ceramic set. And I have a STT Aurora star hot stamps on the way. They all work great as T20 000 with 12/12/5/6/2 starting stacks (25/100/500/1k/5k).

Are you getting a CPC hot stamped set? What other sets do you own? And please do post chip pr0n, we can’t get enough of that stuff here!

Reactions: Lix
Thank you for the warm welcome! I did actually look down the classifieds list and saw a few AS hot stamped sets have sold on here. One set was only a few weeks ago!

I have sold most off as I would like the best set I can get now to be honest, however I still have some china clays and a set of scroll ceramic's currently which do the trick for my game I also have some clay Rounders samples somewhere. I use exactly the same denom's as you 25/100/500/1k/5k however I am using 8/8/6/6/2 starting stack. I bet you can't wait until those AS hot stamps get to you. They seem like the holy grail right now and would be very interested if a set got listed.

Yeah I have given CPC what I am after, I am finishing the die design today so they can finalise their quote. It's going to be pricey but these guys are the best I've seen so far for genuine clays and I don't know many others that would offer the range of options they do. I of course welcome any other suggestions/manufacturers

Unfortunately the US/Canada market for chips is far superior to the UK so I basically pay a premium for everything. But such is life I guess :)

TT

Oh and forgot to mention. The genuine BCC Protege's are amazing. A friend of mine randomly had a barrel of the 1k's and they felt, sounded and looked great.

Hello and welcome!

3 table tourney can be done with about 1000 chips if you're frugal, but probably better with about 1200. Would be hard to find a THC set of that size all at once, though with a budget of 4k-5k or more it is doable. Good luck with your search!

Hello and welcome!

3 table tourney can be done with about 1000 chips if you're frugal, but probably better with about 1200. Would be hard to find a THC set of that size all at once, though with a budget of 4k-5k or more it is doable. Good luck with your search!
Hi Allforcharity,

On the odd occasion I have more players than a single table i do 2 x 6 seater tables with a 500 chipset and it works fine with 8/8/6/6/2 starting stacks. However as I am getting more and more interested players (albeit not in the past year...) I want to expand. I feel I can do 3 tables with 1040/1060 chips if my maths serves me right leaving me in good stead for colouring up etc.

Without any recent games/winnings my bankroll currently limits me to £3,000 which is roughly $4,000. The quote for the custom set is looking like between $2k - $2.5k for 500 chips. The quandary I am faced with is that these custom chips, although incredible in my eyes, will not have the same resale value as say the AS Tournament HS set will have.

If the AS tournament HS sets were a little bit more readily available I wouldn't be working on the customs.

Any thoughts welcome :p

TT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom