Hi from California (1 Viewer)

Aorus

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi, I have been lurking PCF for a while now and decided to finally join the club. This forum has so much good information and I enjoy reading it very much. After getting rid of my Paulsons and Matsui's and now thinking about putting together a china clay chip set. Leaning towards the Majestics because of the 5c chip.

Sure did. My buddies wanted them so I gave them a good price. I just want something that I really don't have to worry about much. I also want something with a 5c chip since I play more for fun than anything else.

Hi and welcome. Which part of Cali are you from? There's a lot of seasoned chippers from NorCal and SoCal. (NorCal is better tho IMHO).

But did I read that right that you are going from Paulson/Matsui to China Clay/Majestics. Make sure you are ok with the CC/ Majestics before ordering a big set. Just from experience being a chipper for 15 years and talking to many chippers...that would be a hard downgrade to stomach for long term. Don't get me wrong, I have Majestics too but it's in addition to Paulson/Bud Jones/Chipco/ASM/TR King sets. So it fills a niche that I rotate these chips for different games.

Good luck with your chipping journey.

Thank you for the welcomes. I am in So-Cal. The Paulson set I had since 2004 or so. I sold them to a good buddy of mine who plays more than I do. I figured they a least will get used then just sit in a box for most of the year. The Matsuis are probably my favorite chips. Those saw a lot of use and still looked new when I got rid of them. What I like about the Matsuis was the durability of them and color stabilization and maintenance free. I did not have to worry about getting fIea bites or someone dropping a chip on floor. If there would be a group buy on Matsui's in 5c, 25c, 50c, $1, $5, $20 or $25, and $100 I would be all over it. I still have some lighthouse Matsuis, but they are hard to find and the prices of them keep going up. So now I looking for a cheap set that will get the job done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom