Hi from Belgium! (1 Viewer)

tehsoul

Waiting List
Reaction score
Good evening all.
I’m from Belgium (EU) and am obviously new here!
Some years back I bought 2x300pcs of the standard “dice” mallets and those have done their duty for quite some years on various pokernights among colleagues, but honestly never really thought about “upgrading”.
Let’s analyze how I ended up here.
- Last week, I clicked on a youtube video about Adam Savage making a custom poker chip carrier. apparently he has a custom replica set of the ones Teddy KGB uses in the movie Rounders.
- 3 days ago, I rewatched Rounders.
- 2 days ago, I start searching Youtube for “rounders poker chips” and I become aware of classicpokerchips.com
- yesterday, I watched countless videos about poker chips, and especially what seems to be the holy grail; Paulson.
- today, I signed up here and am mentally convincing myself that spending over $1000 for a set of poker chips is not insane.
Rabbit hole: confirmed.

Annoyingly, as is the case with a lot of things I gravitate towards, most of the action is happening in the US and getting anything interesting on our side of the pond seems to be very hard and/or expensive.
If anyone has any tips where in the EU I could get my hand on some samples (esp. Paulson as I’m now very interested to ”feel” what all the fuss is about, but also china clays, ceramics, …) please feel free to steer me in the right direction!
In the mean time I’ll be keeping my eye on the classifieds as well

Welcome to pcf! I wouldn’t say that it’s difficult to get chips from the US but definitely expensive. With a little luck you’ll be able to find something in the EU though. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe CPC samples can be sent from England

Hi and welcome to the forum, im sure it wont be difficult to find samples, i may even be able to put you a set together myself by now.

Where about in belgium are you from, i just came back a few days ago after visiting friends

Welcome to pcf! I wouldn’t say that it’s difficult to get chips from the US but definitely expensive. With a little luck you’ll be able to find something in the EU though. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe CPC samples can be sent from England
True

Hi and welcome to the forum, im sure it wont be difficult to find samples, i may even be able to put you a set together myself by now.

Where about in belgium are you from, i just came back a few days ago after visiting friends
Small town between Antwerp and Brussels, working in Brussels

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome fellow countryman :)

Ask my wife how impossible it is the get chips from US to here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
+10000 chips (Paulson/BCC/ASM) and counting
You will know 3/4 of the Belgian customs in Brucargo by first name in no time (if funds allow it).

Feel free to contact me via PM if you want to help & an estimation of the cost to get chips to Belgium.

Ps. I worked in BxL for 15 years...are you from region Mechelen ?

Have a great weekend @all

Last edited:
Welcome fellow countryman :)

Ask my wife how impossible it is the get chips from US to here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
+10000 chips (Paulson/BCC/ASM) and counting
You will know 3/4 of the Belgian customs in Brucargo by first name in no time (if funds allow it).

Feel free to contact me via PM if you want to help & an estimation of the cost to get chips to Belgium.

Ps. I worked in BxL for 15 years...are you from region Mechelen ?

Have a great weekend @all
+10000? Whaaat?
Yep from that region! Will take you up on that offer and send you a pm later tonight to pick your brain with some starter questions if you don’t mind ;-)
(I suppose you’re Dutch speaking?)

It was a highlight each year

But...

Hands down the best part of Belgium are its people!!!

I was kinda adopted by my Belgian next door family and ate every Sunday there. Learned alot and grew alot as it was my first assignment as a young man

Oh do I miss them :)

Hello and welcome neighbor.
If you are looking for Paulson (which are the best imo) you may check their house molds.
I really can recommend them because they are a bit cheaper and easier to collect.
Sebastian

Hello and welcome from Bruges. I have some samples from different type of chips if you like? I will send pictures in Pm if you like?
Of course Thomacetti is more on the poker chip forum than me. I'm a singles collector. (singles meaning single chip, LOL) Jo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom