Hi everyone! New to the scene and found a really neat set near me, wondering what it might be worth? (1 Viewer)

WolfmanJaaack

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m from Canada, and while I’m a big fan of nice cards I’ve never looked much into nice chips until recently. I came across this set on Facebook marketplace and the seller has no list price, she just wants offers. I’m curious what these might be worth? I can’t find anything comparable online! Thanks :)

Attachments

• 4E0BBA22-E8BF-4305-8FA1-00AC1C8B3D3E.png
    4E0BBA22-E8BF-4305-8FA1-00AC1C8B3D3E.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 1F781FF1-9700-487C-9376-C3C7CB9E1D00.png
    1F781FF1-9700-487C-9376-C3C7CB9E1D00.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 274
Welcome @WolfmanJaaack these chips I believe were sold in Cesar's gift shop. Not even sure they are slugged, possibly just plastic. Not very high grade, with the case and everything looks like 300 chips and a dealer button $40 max but that is only if you really like them. I don't think they have much resale value. and while they probably sold for $80 new, in the secondary market I don't believe they are worth much!! Just a guess, maybe something I don't know, but they are plastic chips

Best of luck and hope you stick around and check out the hobby a bit more! Happy to answer any questions you may have getting started!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Hi Wolfman. Glad you found your way here. I know these chips have been discussed in the past but I can't remember the outcome.
I'm sure it won't take long for someone to pipe up.

Hi Wolfman. Glad you found your way here. I know these chips have been discussed in the past but I can't remember the outcome.
I'm sure it won't take long for someone to pipe up.
Maybe I'm wrong. I have seen these chips talked about, but I don't think they are high value... never seen in person, guessing slugged but possibly not even weighted.

They are probably worth $40. Problem is that the seller probably feels they are valuable. If you want them, offer $20 and see if they bite, then you got a deal. If they laugh you off, you aren't going to be making a deal that is fair anyways.

Welcome @WolfmanJaaack these chips I believe were sold in Cesar's gift shop. Not even sure they are slugged, possibly just plastic. Not very high grade, with the case and everything looks like 300 chips and a dealer button $40 max but that is only if you really like them. I don't think they have much resale value. and while they probably sold for $80 new, in the secondary market I don't believe they are worth much!! Just a guess, maybe something I don't know, but they are plastic chips

Best of luck and hope you stick around and check out the hobby a bit more! Happy to answer any questions you may have getting started!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Ben’s long ass messages always make me want to be a better man. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the community!

I'll go out on a limb and say these are junk. They're almost certainly no better than any other $30 300 chip set.

Hi everyone! I’m from Canada, and while I’m a big fan of nice cards I’ve never looked much into nice chips until recently. I came across this set on Facebook marketplace and the seller has no list price, she just wants offers. I’m curious what these might be worth? I can’t find anything comparable online! Thanks :)

Welcome! Where in Canada are you? There's a bunch of us on the West Coast, a few in Alberta, and a fair few in Ontario as well.

The chips are, as said above, not really collectable, and without denominations they are even less desirable for many. But if you don't have any chips at all and need some in a hurry, an offer of $5-10 might get you a low end starter set for a good price. $25 CDN is probably the top end for these used, although as mentioned above they probably retail new for more than that.

Welcome! Where in Canada are you? There's a bunch of us on the West Coast, a few in Alberta, and a fair few in Ontario as well.

The chips are, as said above, not really collectable, and without denominations they are even less desirable for many. But if you don't have any chips at all and need some in a hurry, an offer of $5-10 might get you a low end starter set for a good price. $25 CDN is probably the top end for these used, although as mentioned above they probably retail new for more than that.
I’m currently living in Edmonton, Alberta finishing up my degree! The original idea was to pick up some old cheap set in the next few weeks so that my roommates and I can have some poker nights. As I’ve started to look around though I can’t help but be intrigued by a lot of the nicer sets I’m seeing around haha. Might have to increase my budget!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I’ll pass on these seeing as they’re likely cheap plastic (although I do think they look quite nice). I don’t know much about the subject, but I’ve played poker with a light cheap plastic set before and it’s definitely more enjoyable to have substantial/higher quality feeling chips!

The case is a little better than your average Chinese chip case, and it comes with an engraved plastic dealer button. I used to have the 100 chip version, basically the Caesar’s themed case and DB have appeal to those with other Caesar’s sets (Paulson or Bud Jones), but the chips sold here are hard plastic garbage.

Plus a lonely Manitoban here.

Welcome to the forum! Personally I would avoid those chips as they are non denominated and you can likely get a better quality set with denominations for a very reasonable price. There are some very experienced chippers in Canada that I am sure can help you out getting started!
The emblem on the inside of the case would actually make a nice hot stamp.
+1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom