Hi Everybody! (1 Viewer)

mtl mile end

Flush
Reaction score
Nice to see so many familiar names. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but in a new, post based economy, I will strive to to be more communicative. If you'll excuse me, I think I have to post a Classified ad now. ;)

Thanks BG. This chip addiction is a strange beast. I actually thought I was over it - boy am I stupid.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Cdn. BTW what's the dream set you're waiting for?

A solid hotstamp tourney set from Paulson. Was really hoping that the Apache offer at CT last year would have gotten off of the ground, but it was not to be due to lack of interest. And it ain't happening now. I ain't holding my breath, either, as those that have them will keep 'em. I'm considering Starbursts and relabeling them, or going with CPC. Or giving up and putting my money into other hobbies.

Thanks Forest.

Cdn when I read "Waiting for the dream set to reappear on a classified..." I immediately thought of jdunford's (I think) set of blank Paulson Web molds that were on the CT classifieds a couple years back. Same dream set, different mold.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Have you considered re-hotstamping previously stamped chips?

It'd be easier to just try to scrape and add a label, assuming I can get them in the colours I want. And assuming it wouldn't look like crap with the existing stamp showing through the label.

I know of another set (not Paulsons) that might still be available. Just like the feel of the Paulsons more.

Thanks Labmonkey.

It'd be easier to just try to scrape and add a label, assuming I can get them in the colours I want. And assuming it wouldn't look like crap with the existing stamp showing through the label.

If you're thinking of solids, I'd (and I have) hunt eBay for old (THC) home chips with insignificant stamping. I can't imagine one or two very thin letters would have much effect. They're cheap and while colour selection is somewhat limited, you can build sets because almost everyone had the same colours.

Welcome!!!

My wallet hates poker chips... but they make me happy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom