HHRs from CPC (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have some old HHRs that were hot stamped with initials. Likely from the 80s/90s timeframe. If I order new HHRs from CPC, are these essentially the same chip or will they look and feel significantly different than the old ones I have?

Some of the colors have changed over time, especially dayglo colors. I believe I read somewhere on here from David Spragg that the formula for the clay is unchanged since well before the 80s, so assuming these HHRs were manufactured by ASM they should be very similar.

Pics of what you have would help.
I figured someone might say that :)

Attached are a couple pics that show a sampling of the HHRs I have. They are very minty looking. I also have an LGS HHR set too. I believe they were made around the same time.

Attachments

• 20210708_114814.jpg
    20210708_114814.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210708_114900.jpg
    20210708_114900.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 88
The best way to find out is to email David Spragg / CPC and ask.

My guess is that he can make you something that's close but that will be obviously but not blatantly different. A dye lot purchased today isn't going to exactly match a dye lot of the same color purchased thirty years ago even if the formula for that color of clay hasn't changed. He might be able to send you color samples of the current colors that are a close match and then you can decide for yourself whether they're close enough.

Also, he may or may not have hotstamp letter dies that match the ones on your chips. If they were hotstamped by Burt Co / ASM then he probably does; if they were hotstamped by the distributor (in this case, probably Langworthy) then he probably doesn't.

He might even have the original order cards for these chips (but I suspect not), and if he does then he might be able to identify the exact colors and dies used at the time.

... maybe.

Anyway, ask David.

.. but as far as this goes:

If I order new HHRs from CPC, are these essentially the same chip or will they look and feel significantly different than the old ones I have?
They are essentially the same chip; they're made with the same materials on the same equipment using the same processes. Getting an exact match looks-wise may be challenging, but they'll feel pretty much the same. Probably.

i've chips from 90's that i ordered again a few years ago and the color was perfect.
maybe you should try getting color sample and check against your chips.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Great insights and advice as usual.

I will get some samples to compare and may even reach out directly to David at CPC as @CrazyEddie suggested.

I am really loving these HHR chips in general. Planning on making a few small cash game sets from them to compliment the tournament sets I am building from fantasy chip sets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom