HHR Hot-Stamped set design trial (1 Viewer)

Coyote

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
The idea is to have a versatile set, which could be used either for tournament or small cash game purposes, with the denominations representing cents anyway.
The 5-25-100-500 progression seems ideal, with the 1,000 coming in basicallly for bigger (.25-.50) micro-cash purposes or for quite deep tournaments (T3,000 for 300 big blinds starting stacks). T2,000 would cost 20E to buy-in and T3,000 would cost 30E, just like in cash games.

Another major idea is to have 4 of the chips to represent the 4 seasons of the year in the mountainous village of Pesta, while the fifth chip (the hundo, in this case) should represent the stone-built houses and dark stone roofs, and the anyway ever-present element of stone in Epirus (let alone the dark scorpions and spiders).

The set would be Hot-Stamped for sure.

I do not want to go over-heretical, so I might stick to standard denomination colors, with the exception of the T1,000.
I did not stage the chips (in progression) according to the progression of year's seasons they were representing, in order to respect traditional colors representing values; with the sole exception of the T1,000 which is white, to represent Winter, under a clear cold sky.
Please tell me what you think. This is getting f@ckin urgent :LOL: :laugh:
HHR Pesta?.png

Love HHR, love 312 spots, love hotstamped chips. The colors work great.

The only worry I have, is if the grey and white in real life are too close to each other.

Do you already have these chips, or will you be ordering them?

Thanks guys.
Judging from my color sample set, the white (especially the bright white) has no issue being confused with the grey. The latter CAN be confused with the light blue, which is why I made the 100 grey w charcoal spots and not vice-versa, since the 1000 will be having light blue spots.

I am assuming CPC. Don;t you have to pay a custom otstamp fee for each one if they have a different denom? so 5 different custom hotstamp charges?

Yes; if I remember well not noteworthy, in relation to the chips' cost.

View attachment 583237

Ship it. They're all excellent options.
But I prefer this one.

If the 6d18s were the same price, would you desire them much more than these?
Or pretty much the same?
I 'm honestly split.
The 6D18s tend to appeal more to chippers, while the 312s tend to appeal more to normal people / poker crew, AND to professional designers:D, being simpler and bolder. In addition to being more classic and rural, that is.
What itches me is that the 6D18s, offering 3 colors per chip, satisfy all color needs for each season-of the-year concept without any room for "omission" complaints.

My most usual felt color is going to be charcoal/black which might be the only reason to not choose the specific 312 version you picked up (because of the hundo).
Admittedly, among the 312 iterations, it's the most loyal to the whole concept (autumn, summer, stone roofs, springtime, winter). Congrats for that!:)

I am assuming CPC. Don;t you have to pay a custom otstamp fee for each one if they have a different denom? so 5 different custom hotstamp charges?
Yes; if I remember well not noteworthy, in relation to the chips' cost.
I was wrong; the cost is NOT negligible. It adds almost $1 per chip for a 700-strong set (a little less if 800-strong)

I was wrong; the cost is NOT negligible. It adds almost $1 per chip for a 700-strong set (a little less if 800-strong)

I thought man he must be rolling in it. It's like over $500 to have those stamps made to have different denoms and then add the fee to stamp them.

312s by a mile. I really like the first version but not a fan of a white 1000.
The 1K is going to be a bright white to represent winter in Pesta and because I can't find a bright yellow in the CPC arsenal; actually the latter conclusion led me the former concept.

The 1K is going to be a bright white to represent winter in Pesta and because I can't find a bright yellow in the CPC arsenal; actually the latter conclusion led me the former concept.
Yeah it’s tricky. Is there a nice orange colour?

One thing on the 1000. I think the silver may be too light to show up properly on bright white. Symbolically, I like the idea of switching to gold on the top value; as a purely aesthetic matter, I'd go with red stamps and green edge spots, or the reverse (Christmas colors for the winter chip!). On all the other values, I do like the silver stamps.

Were doing a trial here, I call judge.

Who wants to be the bailiff??

Yeah it’s tricky. Is there a nice orange colour?
There is at least one, namely DG Tiger, but that is NOT the point, as you would say in Britain :D :LOL: :laugh:

Were doing a trial here, I call judge.

Who wants to be the bailiff??
I 'd say I 'm the patient and I 've called all kinds of doctors and quacks:LOL: :laugh:
Or I 'm the stew calling for cooks:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom