Hey, where are the 2020 WSOP cards? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Every year, the WSOP has cards made, then after the series, they're sold off at decent prices.
What happened to the 2020 cards???

The WSOP didn't happen live this year, so they probably didn't need to have cards made. The live final table wouldn't warrant ordering thousands of custom cards from a manufacturer, so they would likely have just used the RFID cards they tend to use on their final tables nowadays.

The WSOP didn't happen live this year, so they probably didn't need to have cards made. The live final table wouldn't warrant ordering thousands of custom cards from a manufacturer, so they would likely have just used the RFID cards they tend to use on their final tables nowadays.
I’m guessing those cards were ordered and manufactured before the live series was cancelled. Just a guess though.

I’m guessing those cards were ordered and manufactured before the live series was cancelled. Just a guess though.
If it takes a few months to manufacture then they probably did order them before cancelling the series, but then I don’t have an explanation for why they haven’t started selling them yet. A more feasible explanation is that they only take a few weeks to manufacture, so they didn’t order them far enough in advance to have a bunch of cards ready before the series was cancelled. I don’t know enough about card manufacturing times to be sure, though.

Ordered from Copag to get the free cards. They had free shipping too. Also, was able to get free replacement cards for previous ones that had chipped.

Ordered from Copag to get the free cards. They had free shipping too. Also, was able to get free replacement cards for previous ones that had chipped.

what actually are the free single decks? i am assuming leftover paper cards from a previous year?

that said, copag paper cards are actually REALLY nice. i would never use them for poker, but they are great for a pitch or gin game.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 7.23.34 PM.png

Only for curiosity this cards on made with the same plastic tan the ordinary PVC Copag cards?
to Spain is more cheap the shipping in Amazon:)

Only for curiosity this cards on made with the same plastic tan the ordinary PVC Copag cards?
to Spain is more cheap the shipping in Amazon:)
I don’t think it’s safe to say that they are. Maybe somebody can send a joker to @Dix
I remember the first or second year Copag was doing the WSOP cards, maybe 2017?, the players were all complaining that the cards sucked. Like, it was all over Twitter. The cards were getting all marked up (from thumbnails and such) after a few orbits. I think it’s safe to assume that Copag used a different stock for that run. So who knows what they decide to use, year to year.

I don’t think it’s safe to say that they are. Maybe somebody can send a joker to @Dix
I remember the first or second year Copag was doing the WSOP cards, maybe 2017?, the players were all complaining that the cards sucked. Like, it was all over Twitter. The cards were getting all marked up (from thumbnails and such) after a few orbits. I think it’s safe to assume that Copag used a different stock for that run. So who knows what they decide to use, year to year.
Yeah, the players complain every time they change the cards :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: . I would assume that they are using the same Copag stock that they have been using for the prior year's WSOP cards which I believe are just the standard Copag stock?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom