Hero has top set and villain has bottom set, now what? (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Playing 1-2 live, ten handed. It is midway through the session. This time we are playing at my house - A/C, flushing toilet, platters of yummy snacks and drinks. The Outpost chips are in play. The table mood is goofy fun. Some folks are here to donk off some bucks.

Cast of characters:

Hero is in MP with about $500. Life has been sweet this session. While there have been some bumps on the road, things are going well.

Crazy is the big blind with $350. His night has gone OK. Crazy is a slight winner coming into the hand having waged war against his arch rival and winning more than losing. He is in full throated roar. Loud enough my wife has stuck her head in to see what is going on.

The hand:

Winning LAG opens for $7. Calling station calls $7. Hero has black aces, :as: :ac: and makes it $25 to go. Crazy, Winning LAG and Calling station call. $101 in the pot, four way action.

Flop :kh: :qh: :2c:

Three checks to Hero, who bets $75. Crazy calls, all else fold. $251 in the pot, heads up. $250 effective stacks.

Turn: < :kh: :qh: :2c: > :ad:

Crazy checks, Hero bets $175, crazy calls. $601 in the pot, $75 left to bet.

River < :kh: :qh: :2c: > :ad: :7d:

Crazy goes into his happy dance, hollering "sucker fish!" and jams in his last $75. Hero snap calls with second nuts. Crazy tables :2s: :2h: for bottom set and hero's top set wins the hand.

Action on Hero. Does he stack the ones first? Or the fives? Or does he fish out the handful of twenty-five dollar chips first? Anyone just make a mound of mixed chips?

DrStrange

PS See?! Not every strategy hand goes hinky for Hero. Maybe not as many interesting decisions though.

Always stack the big chips first, and put them right out front. Then the rest, in descending order of value, so that you have to move the big boys around several times while rearranging your stacks.

Every stack movement draws crazy's visual attention repeatedly to the big chips he lost, and amplifies the tilt factor.

If you can arrange your stacks to form crazy's initials, facing him, that's the ultimate.

Leave the giant mound of chips in place for a minute or two as a reminder of the spoils of war.. Maybe even announce that since stacking the chips is going to take a while, you need to immediately head off to the fridge for a beer to hydrate yourself first?

Ask Crazy if he wants to rebuy, then take his cash and put it in your stack while you give him back some of the same chips he just gave you.

Polite? Oh no, I wouldn't do that.

Crazy and I have an unspoken deal that works for both of us. I'll put all my chips at risk so long as I have an edge and he wants someone to gamble against that gives him a shot at a big win. Trash talk is part of the game.

What I never do is get mad, cranky or short about getting taken to the felt and then taunted. Just say something about having to pay top dollar for poker lessons and then rebuy.

DrStrange

Make 2 giant towers of Crazy's chips, then when he deals the hand after the upcoming one place them about 6 inches apart and tell him you'll give him 3 bucks if he can hit the "target" with both cards.

However you do it, just make sure it takes long enough that you're still stacking when it's your turn to act on the next hand. That way, everyone can be pissed at you while you ignore that it's your turn and say "Oh, I didn't even realize I had a hand, I was too busy stacking chips."

Text Villian pictures of things you could buy with the money you just won off him

Playing 1-2 live, ten handed. It is midway through the session. This time we are playing at my house - A/C, flushing toilet, platters of yummy snacks and drinks. The Outpost chips are in play. The table mood is goofy fun. Some folks are here to donk off some bucks.

Cast of characters:

Hero is in MP with about $500. Life has been sweet this session. While there have been some bumps on the road, things are going well.

Crazy is the big blind with $350. His night has gone OK. Crazy is a slight winner coming into the hand having waged war against his arch rival and winning more than losing. He is in full throated roar. Loud enough my wife has stuck her head in to see what is going on.

The hand:

Winning LAG opens for $7. Calling station calls $7. Hero has black aces, :as: :ac: and makes it $25 to go. Crazy, Winning LAG and Calling station call. $101 in the pot, four way action.

Flop :kh: :qh: :2c:

Three checks to Hero, who bets $75. Crazy calls, all else fold. $251 in the pot, heads up. $250 effective stacks.

Turn: < :kh: :qh: :2c: > :ad:

Crazy checks, Hero bets $175, crazy calls. $601 in the pot, $75 left to bet.

River < :kh: :qh: :2c: > :ad: :7d:

Crazy goes into his happy dance, hollering "sucker fish!" and jams in his last $75. Hero snap calls with second nuts. Crazy tables :2s: :2h: for bottom set and hero's top set wins the hand.

Action on Hero. Does he stack the ones first? Or the fives? Or does he fish out the handful of twenty-five dollar chips first? Anyone just make a mound of mixed chips?

DrStrange

PS See?! Not every strategy hand goes hinky for Hero. Maybe not as many interesting decisions though.

Did you slowroll/nutter-butter him at least?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom