Tourney Here's My Link to Home Tournament Rules ... (1 Viewer)

Blaster

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone wants to use these feel free...
Here's a link below, to the copy of my home tournament rules that I have "thrown aside on a side table" at any tournament I host.

I've written & modified it over the years & based it on, of course, various published rules, etiquette, my own ideas, and various forum topics.

I feel it "fits" and addresses our home tournaments better than just having a generic rule book.

I've had them for years & don't think we have ever actually had a problem big enough to go get the written rules, but as many mention, it is always good to keep them at the game.
I have also given copies to anyone new, or that wanted them, at some games ...
As mentioned, any member that may not have any set rules, feel free to use & modify if you need, to fit your game :

https://justpaste.it/167q3

Last edited:
I rarely have to break out the rules unless someone is brand new, and I want them to understand "we follow rules here". I like that you have some rules that I skipped over (verbally binding for example) in the short rules, but I may change the font (what was I thinking with Comic Sans?) and re work a few extra tidbits in.

Here's the Zombie Poker Club rules:
Kubali's Rules.jpg

The one about chip change I need to print out in 70 font and plaster it on the wall behind my table. The guys I play with love to throw their chips in and try to make change almost before their chips hit the table. It bothers me to no end because then it screws everything up when people are still betting. Last time we played I think I finally said "no one touch their chips once they put them out. I'll be the only one to make change for everyone that needs it." I host so I felt like I finally needed to put an end to it

The one about chip change I need to print out in 70 font and plaster Blaster it on the wall behind my table.
The guys I play with love to throw their chips in and try to make change almost before their chips hit the table. It bothers me to no end because then it screws everything up when people are still betting. Last time we played I think I finally said "no one touch their chips once they put them out. I'll be the only one to make change for everyone that needs it." I host so I felt like I finally needed to put an end to it
Fixed your post :) :)
Yes, I put that in for those things you mention, like:
"player A has a 100 in front of him, but his bet is really 300, because player "B" across the table already took his other 2 100's ... Meanwile B has a 500 in front of him, & his chip is really "worth" 300, and player E, has no bet in front of him, but the guy who folded & went to the bathroom took his 3 100's, and the guy with .... ......."

* Do not "make Chip Change" until all betting in the round is complete. Do not grab other player's blinds/bets, or any chip(s) from the pot, while there are players are still acting. Relax, keep your bet in front of you, & wait for chip change until after all players have acted.

Last edited:
Fixed your post :) :)
Yes, I put that in for those things you mention, like:
"player A has a 100 in front of him, but his bet is really 300, because player "B" across the table already took his other 2 100's ... Meanwile B has a 500 in front of him, & his chip is really "worth" 300, and player E, has no bet in front of him, but the guy who folded & went to the bathroom took his 3 100's, and the guy with .... ......."

* Do not "make Chip Change" until all betting in the round is complete. Do not grab other player's blinds/bets, or any chip(s) from the pot, while there are players are still acting. Relax, keep your bet in front of you, & wait for chip change until after all players have acted.

Oh yea, The guys I play with love to do all of that. "I'm gonna call the 200 blind with my 500 chip and just take the 300 change from the next two guys who are about to call."

It irritates me to no end. Sometimes we sit there for an extra 5 minutes trying to make sure everything is correct and going back over everything to make sure the pot is correct.

From now on when we play I'm not even allowing a pile of chips to come together until everyone has made their preflop decisions. And I'm going to be the only one making change. Basically I'll be the dealer every hand with respect to the pot, I just won't deal out the cards every hand.

We used to have a similar issue, and it often pops back up when we get "experienced" players joining for the first time. We put the hammer down very quickly. Best way to break bad habits - be fair, kind, but stern.

New players - it's like raising children.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom