Here we go again (1 Viewer)

...Overall I like the silver eagle with the grey background best, but it doesn't go as well with your color selection.

I agree with that. That one came from the designer. When he has time I'm going to have him do a version with black text and a parchment colored background. I think that will blend better.

Now with the full lineup, cash and tournament sets...

Silver Eagle Combined Set - small.png

EDIT: Revised below

Last edited:
Better tournament set?

SE Tourney Set 02.png

EDIT: Just adds too much to the cost

Last edited:
That's my favorite for the cash set as well. The concern I have (and the reason I'm looking at other possibilities) is that with the charcoal and black being so close together it might look lie this at first glance...

View attachment 152091

I'd have to look at a sample set, you could always make the charcoal spot something like lavender though. Also, for your tourney set i like the middle row but with the orange chip from the top row.

I'd have to look at a sample set, you could always make the charcoal spot something like lavender though.

The set I got last fall has all three shades and I've put them together. There are also several good pictures of charcoal and black together in the Music Shack thread. It's still hard to tell for sure, though.

I've also tried every non-dayglo color as a substitute, but they all detract from the theme. This chip represents the outlaw dressed in black and the spots represent loaded chambers of a six-shooter. The only workable alternative I see for the charcoal would be gray and white spots but I'm afraid that might look a little cheap. Still, that might be the smart move if I use the 6D18.

My primary concern on the Tourney set is the orange against the mandarin red. I think there's enough contrast there, but it's not a lot.

I really like the cash set. I'm not sure about the green on green T25. I think i like the T500 - T5000 progression in post 78 the most.

Tournament set had to be revised. I decided the orange and mandarin red together doesn't really work.

Silver Eagle Tournament.png

Last edited:
Begging for the denoms to be bigger. The $1 looks like it could fit in roughly 1/8" square. The 5000 is roughly 1/4" wide. That's some pretty small numbers. If you want to let the eagle breathe and be a focal point, all good, but at least go double-sided then.

The tournament set above might be a bit too flashy for the theme so I'm looking at alternatives...

se combined.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom