Hercules Chair Feedback (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these chairs, or have any experience with them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182790320518?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I bought 1 chair previously from Cosco (different brand) to try out, it looked good but was terrible to sit on, very uncomfortable and not much better than a folding chair. These look good as well but i hate buying something sight unseen.

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

Have a bunch, used a bunch, they're OK. Often available on many local CLs at $10-$15 per (or less) and worth it at that price.

Not enough of an upgrade over cheap folding metal or plastic chairs to be worth spending $30+ per IMO, but they definitely are an upgrade and desperate times can call for desperate measures. Waiting and searching for significantly better chairs than these at a non-ridiculous price can be a long and arduous process (trust me, I know. ;))

Waiting and searching for significantly better chairs than these at a non-ridiculous price can be a long and arduous process (trust me, I know. ;))

Me too.. it was a long search, and one that frustrated me. I thought I’d never find a nice poker chair... but then, my time came, and I found these Hon task chairs for $9 each. They retail for $350each.

7EEA1380-D0D2-4CAF-9AF1-164C84CB0BB1.jpeg

Searching CL netted the best results. Office supply resellers often sell matching task chairs on CL. I subsequently found another tables worth of Hon chairs, albeit cheaper cloth covered ones. And these were only $10 each.

992004D6-3EBC-413A-8BAC-AF90584769CB.jpeg
93B5D1BC-C3CD-4275-9987-F5EC1EE5A84B.jpeg

I have the chairs pictured in OP but in leather, no complaints from my regulars. I prefer leather personally, easier to clean and doesnt hold the smells like cloth does.

UPDATE:
I went ahead and bought 4 of these chairs. For ~$30 a chair I would recommend them. 2 1/2" foam is acceptable. I'm sure they are not as comfortable as a Gasser or some others but they are also barely above folding chair price.
I had bought a couple other banquet stacking chairs and I rate this one above any of the others and way above a folding chair. I will probably go ahead and get 2 tables worth of them.

UPDATE:
I went ahead and bought 4 of these chairs. For ~$30 a chair I would recommend them. 2 1/2" foam is acceptable. I'm sure they are not as comfortable as a Gasser or some others but they are also barely above folding chair price.
I had bought a couple other banquet stacking chairs and I rate this one above any of the others and way above a folding chair. I will probably go ahead and get 2 tables worth of them.
Was this the costco chair you didn't like? I'm needing a touch more height and a little more comfort than padded folding chairs. Looking at the Hercules chairs led to me finding the Costco ones to begin with, but if Hercules is that much better...

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/.product.1219510.html

@bsdunbar1 Did you ever follow through with buying a whole set of these? If so, how are they holding up? Would you still recommend them after 1+ year?

yes and yes
I would buy them again.
They are not a comfy Gasser, but they are 10 times better than a folding chair at a comparable price.
Buying them from bizchair.com in groups of 4 they are like $30 shipped. When I was using folding chairs I was having to weld them constantly from guys rocking or tilting in them. These chairs are still like new after constant use. Another 1/2-1" of cushion would be welcomed but they are still good IMO.

yes and yes
I would buy them again.
They are not a comfy Gasser, but they are 10 times better than a folding chair at a comparable price.
Buying them from bizchair.com in groups of 4 they are like $30 shipped. When I was using folding chairs I was having to weld them constantly from guys rocking or tilting in them. These chairs are still like new after constant use. Another 1/2-1" of cushion would be welcomed but they are still good IMO.
Checked your game room pics and they look great. Your review sounds great. Bought a couple 4 packs on amazon for $294 ($36.75) shipped. Would've been $292 ($36.50 ea) shipping from bizchair.com. With the 5% amazon card I'm saving a little kickback so made the choice easy.

Thanks for the responses with the reviews after you've had them for a while!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom