Hercules Chair Feedback

bsdunbar1

Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score

Ben

Flush
Reaction score
Have a bunch, used a bunch, they're OK. Often available on many local CLs at $10-$15 per (or less) and worth it at that price.

Not enough of an upgrade over cheap folding metal or plastic chairs to be worth spending $30+ per IMO, but they definitely are an upgrade and desperate times can call for desperate measures. Waiting and searching for significantly better chairs than these at a non-ridiculous price can be a long and arduous process (trust me, I know. ;))

Trihonda

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Waiting and searching for significantly better chairs than these at a non-ridiculous price can be a long and arduous process (trust me, I know. ;))
Me too.. it was a long search, and one that frustrated me. I thought I’d never find a nice poker chair... but then, my time came, and I found these Hon task chairs for $9 each. They retail for $350each.

7EEA1380-D0D2-4CAF-9AF1-164C84CB0BB1.jpeg

Searching CL netted the best results. Office supply resellers often sell matching task chairs on CL. I subsequently found another tables worth of Hon chairs, albeit cheaper cloth covered ones. And these were only $10 each.

992004D6-3EBC-413A-8BAC-AF90584769CB.jpeg
93B5D1BC-C3CD-4275-9987-F5EC1EE5A84B.jpeg

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
I have the chairs pictured in OP but in leather, no complaints from my regulars. I prefer leather personally, easier to clean and doesnt hold the smells like cloth does.

bsdunbar1

Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I went ahead and bought 4 of these chairs. For ~$30 a chair I would recommend them. 2 1/2" foam is acceptable. I'm sure they are not as comfortable as a Gasser or some others but they are also barely above folding chair price.
I had bought a couple other banquet stacking chairs and I rate this one above any of the others and way above a folding chair. I will probably go ahead and get 2 tables worth of them.

Venturalvn

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I went ahead and bought 4 of these chairs. For ~$30 a chair I would recommend them. 2 1/2" foam is acceptable. I'm sure they are not as comfortable as a Gasser or some others but they are also barely above folding chair price.
I had bought a couple other banquet stacking chairs and I rate this one above any of the others and way above a folding chair. I will probably go ahead and get 2 tables worth of them.
Was this the costco chair you didn't like? I'm needing a touch more height and a little more comfort than padded folding chairs. Looking at the Hercules chairs led to me finding the Costco ones to begin with, but if Hercules is that much better...

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/.product.1219510.html

bsdunbar1

Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score

bsdunbar1

Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
@bsdunbar1 Did you ever follow through with buying a whole set of these? If so, how are they holding up? Would you still recommend them after 1+ year?
yes and yes
I would buy them again.
They are not a comfy Gasser, but they are 10 times better than a folding chair at a comparable price.
Buying them from bizchair.com in groups of 4 they are like $30 shipped. When I was using folding chairs I was having to weld them constantly from guys rocking or tilting in them. These chairs are still like new after constant use. Another 1/2-1" of cushion would be welcomed but they are still good IMO.

Venturalvn

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
yes and yes
I would buy them again.
They are not a comfy Gasser, but they are 10 times better than a folding chair at a comparable price.
Buying them from bizchair.com in groups of 4 they are like $30 shipped. When I was using folding chairs I was having to weld them constantly from guys rocking or tilting in them. These chairs are still like new after constant use. Another 1/2-1" of cushion would be welcomed but they are still good IMO.
Checked your game room pics and they look great. Your review sounds great. Bought a couple 4 packs on amazon for $294 ($36.75) shipped. Would've been $292 ($36.50 ea) shipping from bizchair.com. With the 5% amazon card I'm saving a little kickback so made the choice easy.

Thanks for the responses with the reviews after you've had them for a while!

Top Bottom