Help with new chip set (1 Viewer)

Never thought using the same set for cash and tournament was a bad thing until reading all these posts. Looks like I’ll be convincing the wife I need two sets of chips now to upgrade from my dice chips

Never thought using the same set for cash and tournament was a bad thing until reading all these posts. Looks like I’ll be convincing the wife I need two sets of chips now to upgrade from my dice chips

Most of us made this same mistake when we starting collecting sets many years ago.

Most of us made this same mistake when we starting collecting sets many years ago.

Most of the people I play with are friends so I never gave it to much thought. But seeing as we switch up cash games and tournaments depending on the number of players we have I can see how it could be tempting to pocket a chip and throw it in to a future cash game. I’m going to look to pick a higher denomination tournament set probably something on the cheaper side (China clay) and then figure out a nicer maybe semi-custom cash chip set.

I can see how it could be tempting to pocket a chip and throw it in to a future cash game.
And it doesn't even need to be nefarious or with sinister intent.

Could be as innocent as somebody dropping a T25 tourney chip on the floor unnoticed, and somebody else picking it up hours/days/weeks later thinking it had just fallen off of their cash game stack.

But at the end of the night, the bank is still short $25..... and that's NEVER a good thing, regardless of reason. And totally avoidable.

Never thought using the same set for cash and tournament was a bad thing until reading all these posts. Looks like I’ll be convincing the wife I need two sets of chips now to upgrade
I never had the problem of really losing chips because we never really kept track that much. I never thought anything about someone bringing one chip into the next game either. What ended up happening in our ever growing home game was the cash table after the tournament started needing chips from the tournament while the tournament was still going on. All the sudden I’m changing out chips from one table to another while in the tournament and realized how crazy that was.
There are several reasons why having the same to chips for tournament in cash is really bad idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom