Help with my first custom CPC set (1 Viewer)

megarises

Flush
Reaction score
Finally got the OK from the warden to order a full custom CPC set. I'm going with a tournament set since my group primarily plays tourneys with only the occasional cash game. I've opted to go for the same spot pattern across all denominations since I'm a big fan of uniformity. I recently got my CPC mold/color samples which definitely helped me eliminate/add some different color schemes. Denominations for the set will be 25, 100, 500, 1000, and 5000. I currently have somebody who has agreed to do my inlay artwork but he will be finishing his other projects first before tackling mine, of course.

I'm a "noob" when it comes to this stuff so after playing around for hours I've decided to get some input from the big guns.

This is my current mockup: After viewing the color samples, DG yellow is really my only consideration for the 1k chip. I'm wondering if there is too much blue throughout the set as the 500, 1000, and 5000 denom all have blue in them although I don't really see any dirty stack issues or repeating colors.

CURRENT MOCKUP.png

25.png

I'm leaning towards the Green with DG Green+Light green. Seeing it in person I can tell there will be a slight contrast, it wont stand out and punch you in the face, but its there. I do personally think CPC light chocolate does go well with green so I added a mockup for that as well. I didn't like how the regular chocolate looked on the green base.

500.png

I've played around with the 500 quite a bit and am really leaning towards blurple as my base. I like the lavender as a base as well. I feel like the light edge spots of gray+light blue will make the chip pop and avoid any dirty stack issues with the black 100 chip.

1000.png

Well you can see here....I've really struggled with the 1k chip. I was originally going with the DG yellow base and DG green+black for edge coloring but after seeing DG green in person I don't really think I'll like how it looks on a DG yellow base with this spot pattern. I finally settled with the DG yellow with DG peach+imperial blue. I like the options in the middle but don't necessarily like how they play with the 100 and 500 colors I've selected.

5000.png

And finally the 5k chip. I'm dead set on a DG Peacock base, I love this color. I say retro red+bright white, wife says DG pink+bright white.

Thank you to anybody who took the time to read my thread in its entirety.

-Mega

I really like the 100 & 500. The only chip in the lineup you have here that doesn't feel like it meshes with the rest is the green. All the others have contrasting colors that really pop, the tri-green just looks off IMHO. Keeping the 100 and 500 as is, I'd go with something like DG pink to give that contrast, and then go with retro red on either the 1k or 5k. Two potential ideas:

00cdc6b8-5398-4bbf-acba-a547cd0e116e.png

58b678bb-7963-4eb5-9d84-cf72ac33b19b.png

@Irish Thank you for your response, I take your input seriously. So since I've done some more color sample viewing, I've completely gone away from the tri-green 25. I switched from light green to DG Green and light chocolate. I also switched out the grey to lavender for the 500. The 100, 1000, and 5000 remain unchanged. I really like the DG pink on the green but I just feel like I'm making a Jack 25 even though the majority of my set is inspired in one way or another. How do you feel about this 25 setup?

CURRENT MOCKUP.png
25.png

Last edited:
@Irish Thank you for your response, I take your input seriously. So since I've done some more color sample viewing, I've completely gone away from the tri-green 25. I switched from light green to DG Green and light chocolate. I also switched out the grey to lavender for the 500. The 100, 1000, and 5000 remain unchanged. I really like the DG pink on the green but I just feel like I'm making a Jack 25 even though the majority of my set is inspired in one way or another. How do you feel about this 25 setup?

View attachment 642544View attachment 642541

Yep I think that green combination fits with the rest of the set, especially after the tweak to the 500.

I would highly advise against putting a black and blurple base chip next to each other. With not so great light you are asking for dirty stacks. Lavender would be a better choice imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom