Help with my CPC set! (1 Viewer)

Bill_Man618

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't even finished my Paulson relabel set and I have decided that I need a CPC set in memory of my German Shepherd who passed away last night. I have some ideas about the label based on 2 custom sets with the same inspiration from both @Josh Kifer and @bergs. My main inspiration is the Scarlets Room set which is one of my favorite CPC sets. I am torn on the name going between "FiFi's Room" (her name was FiFi) or "The Dog House" (since I have 2 other dogs which are thankfully still alive). Personally I am leaning towards "The Dog House" and having a nice drawing of all of the dogs in a group with a little house behind them. Either way I known this is something that I want to do and will mean a lot to me since she was the dog that stood by my side as a navigated the teenage years into young adulthood. I'll post the 1st rendition of the CPC set in here and am open to feedback. I'm going for a Cali Cash set since its my favorite color scheme.

FYI if you see 2 of the same colored chip it is because I made an alt version of that chips since I was unsure about which one I liked.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 12.03.25.png

First of all, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog man. Never easy, but lots of good memories I'm sure.

Love the idea, the inspiration and the design plan. I'd suggest reaching out to one of the artists on here for the inlay design (unless you are yourself one). Personally I've used @Johnny5 for a few sets now over a 15 year period and couldn't recommend him more highly but I know there are others on here as well that people feel the same way about.

On your current mock-up's, I'd think about the half pie and the DG Yellow base chip. This is a frac and a $20 maybe? Just seem a bit too close in my view, assuming they are both in play at the same time. Also, definitely love the tri-moon on the blue/$1? chip.

Already looking forward to the finished product, even though its a ways away.

-Paul

I agree about the half-pie being too close to the $5 chip. I still have to get a CPC color sample and mold sample and then pick all of what I want. I’m sure I will change mold and colors many times and I will definitely be using John for the design work. Everything I’ve seen him make is second to none!

Sorry for your loss.

I think The Dog House is more versatile.

On the chip design, I agree that the half pie is too close in colour to the $5 chip. Maybe consider a green or red colour base?

On the $5 chip, do note that dayglo yellow is a bit bright, like a highlighter. May want to go for canary instead.

Good luck :)

Seems a few folks have recently used DG Arc Yellow for a Cali $5.........could be an option?

I appreciate the feedback so far and made some design changes yesterday changing the 25¢ half pie’s color to green and the $5’s yellow to canary. I’m gonna get a mold and color sample, but I am likely gonna change molds to the HHR mold since it is my favorite in terms of looks. I have a new mock-up that I’ll post tonight. Also I am most likely going to go with the Dog House name and incorporate all of my dogs into it.

Sorry to hear about your Dog buddy

I cant be sure but are they for the same demonization's but all 3 of them look almost the same colour to me as I am colorblind. It will be a nightmare for any of your colour blind poker friend

1640688911366.png

Sorry to hear about your Dog buddy

I cant be sure but are they for the same demonization's but all 3 of them look almost the same colour to me as I am colorblind. It will be a nightmare for any of your colour blind poker friend

View attachment 836509

FYI if you see 2 of the same colored chip it is because I made an alt version of that chips since I was unsure about which one I liked.

That the problem with colour blindness, I don’t see the same colour as most people so I always had to ask to be sure

I read the 2 of the same colour chip comment but I saw 3 of the same colour so the number didn’t add up

That the problem with colour blindness, I don’t see the same colour as most people so I always had to ask to be sure

I read the 2 of the same colour chip comment but I saw 3 of the same colour so the number didn’t add up
That comment was just based on the first post but it laid the groundwork for the following iterations.

Sorry to hear about Fifi. One idea, to honor each of your dogs, would be to have a different inlay featuring a different dog for each denom, with your highest denom (or whichever denom you like really) incorporating that group drawing. You can add on to the set as you add on doggies :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom