Help with Moving My Table (1 Viewer)

TheYeti

Pair
Reaction score
I built my first table over 15 years ago and it has served me very well. I have been lifting it and hauling from my bedroom to my living room and back again each poker night. As I am getting older, this process is becoming a little more difficult each time I do it...that thing is HEAVY! The table is made of two 3/4" sheets of plywood, metal legs, two handles mounted on the underside, rail is detached and just lays on top.

1619294917439.png

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for making moving the table easier? I was thinking a couple of these PlyWheels would do the trick, but you guys might have better suggestions.

1619294929261.png

1619295222818.png

I mounted two hardwood feet on the under side of the rail on my table, so it can stand on its side for storage without putting any stress on the vinyl rail.
I planned on removing the feet while having games, but never bothered, because they only stick out about 1/2” past the rail, and they aren’t in the players way while playing.
Mounting wheels under the rail in the same way might be a solution.
I don’t have a picture of the feet right now, but can post later. But I know there are pictures around here of similar, because I got the idea from a PCF thread.

I mounted two hardwood feet on the under side of the rail on my table, so it can stand on its side for storage without putting any stress on the vinyl rail.
I planned on removing the feet while having games, but never bothered, because they only stick out about 1/2” past the rail, and they aren’t in the players way while playing.
Mounting wheels under the rail in the same way might be a solution.
I don’t have a picture of the feet right now, but can post later. But I know there are pictures around here of similar, because I got the idea from a PCF thread.

Yeah, I've seen tables on here with that sort of "foot", ingenious. Not a concern for me since my rail is separate from the table.

How about a Convertible Dolly/hand truck. I bought a nice one 20 yrs ago and use it only 3 or 4 times a yr, but every time I do I am glad I have it

The area where I keep the table in my bedroom is very tight, I also have to maneuver the table around a tight corner to get it out of the bedroom and into the hall. A dolly or hand truck wouldn't really work in my situation. Good idea though!

I think I'm going to go ahead and order one of the PlyWheels and see if it will work out for me. One would probably work better than two since it could pivot....we shall see!

The area where I keep the table in my bedroom is very tight, I also have to maneuver the table around a tight corner to get it out of the bedroom and into the hall. A dolly or hand truck wouldn't really work in my situation. Good idea though!
Seemed like a good idea, but I can see situations that would make it difficult/impossible to use.

I have heard the handles on the underside are a huge help. I currently do this same process with my table but I plop it onto the dining table everytime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom