Help with Masters' Tickets CY2021: enter by 21Jun2020 (2 Viewers)

inca911

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for help from the collective power of PCF. I really enjoyed my practice rounds at The Masters the past few years, prior to @Mr Tree 's excellent S@P meetup! I'm hoping to go back next year, and the lottery for 2021 tickets is officially open on The Masters website. If others can enter the lottery prior to 21Jun2019, that would greatly increase the odds of getting tickets for next year!

All you need to do is go to The Masters website: http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html, and pick Tickets under "More" in the pull down menu underneath this year's scores. That will take you to Create an Account (if you don't have one). Once that's done, just sign in and select Tuesday + Wednesday (4 tickets each day), plus Sunday (2 tickets), entering zeros for the other days since I can't have it interfere with the potential gambling!

@bivey and I got rained out of the practice round a couple years ago using tickets from @chase , and they don't do refunds. Thanks in advance for the help, and hopefully with several folks trying to get tickets, one of us will get lucky!

Best of luck in the ticket lottery. We went to the Wednesday practice round / par-3 contest last year. Such a great trip. I'll never forget it.

What if multiple people enter for you and multiple people get drawn for you? More tickets than you can use?

I've never requested tix before...would it be unusual? Or is the chance that low that your only likely success if with multiple people helping you?

What if multiple people enter for you and multiple people get drawn for you? More tickets than you can use?

I've never requested tix before...would it be unusual? Or is the chance that low that your only likely success if with multiple people helping you?
Yeah, it's super low percentage - I have applied every year for the last 10 years and haven't gotten any tickets

I’ve requested PCF’s help for the past several years, and none of the helpers have been picked. Somebody has to win eventually! The probability is extremely low, many orders of magnitude below 1%. Thanks to all for the help! If we do get picked, I’ll likely be taking a PCFer

Done.

1591361503531.png

I have applied for years and got lucky 2 years ago with 2 tickets to Tuesdays practice. They bring a very large premium, very large.

I'ts kinda a once in a lifetime and we debated going but a generous gentleman from Houston got ours.

Future suggestion is to apply for all days for the maximum amount of tickets. I would imagine it increases your odds of being selected.
Seems like there's an opportunity to take advantage of a well-respected forum member by claiming I'm buying them for a friend then turning them over for a huge profit.

This type of behavior is protected (encouraged?) lately around here, but I prefer to help out someone who has helped tons of others in the past and is genuinely a good guy.

I'm not going myself, nor do I intend to sell them for a profit... I requested exactly what @inca911 asked for.

I’m not following your post Eric, how would this be taking advantage. I’m sure it makes sense.

Are you on the hook to buy the tickets if selected?

Seems like there's an opportunity to take advantage of a well-respected forum member by claiming I'm buying them for a friend then turning them over for a huge profit.

This type of behavior is protected (encouraged?) lately around here, but I prefer to help out someone who has helped tons of others in the past and is genuinely a good guy.

I'm not going myself, nor do I intend to sell them for a profit... I requested exactly what @inca911 asked for.

Oh crap. I didn't realize Forrest was only asking for specific days! I always apply for all the days, and I've only succeeded once! I'm sorry for the confusion!

I’m not following your post Eric, how would this be taking advantage. I’m sure it makes sense.

The way it works is you put in for the ticket lottery.
If you are drawn (about July), you are contacted by Augusta that you won and what days you won.
You are then given the opportunity to purchase said tickets (i think about 14 days).
The tickets are not shipped until early March for the tournament.

So I imagine lots of tickets are flipped to the general public by winners? Or do they have a way to prevent that?

I put my name in the hat to hopefully help out @inca911. I know @Jonesey07 wasn't suggesting I screw over Inca for my own profit, but that seems to be acceptable around here lately.

I'm thinking of starting a thread asking for someone to sell me Masters tickets cheap so I can turn them over for big profits.

Basically I’m wondering....couldn’t you do this outside the community of PCF. Masters is sold out every year and people are always looking for tickets.

What are the multiple examples lately? I’ve seen you post in multiple threads. Would like to know who has been doing this. Pm me to
Avoid detailing this thread further

entered

And now, off to my 1:38 tee time. The big question is how many balls I'll hit into the water today. I'd put the over/under at 4.5 (only 3 holes have water, haha).

I’m not trying to stir the pot or set off alarms, but as an organization is Augusta ok with situations like this?

Yes I understand, but they have set up a system where an individual has the same shot as other individuals....this inherently contradicts the goals of their raffle.

Now I know other people for sure are doing similar things and ethically I have no problem at all with this....but does the organization?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom