Help with labels (1 Viewer)

ruby tues.

Pair
Reaction score
I'm looking to label a tournament set of cheap roulette chips. I have the design already. These chips get used maybe twice a year. What labels do you fellas recommend?

@Gear for labels. I've heard others use stickermule too, but I personally haven't tried them.

I could do them at work and help out. I just don't know how they would be shipped so that's something we need to look into if we would offer that in the future.

Forgot to mention that these chips are used for our charity poker tournament. What's the usual cost for labels? Thanks for the response!

Directly from Gear's website:

Prices as of October 1, 2021

• matte vinyl labels, unlaminated ... 0.12½ USD each
  • glossy vinyl labels with lamination ... 0.20 USD each
    • laminate types: smooth, matte, glossy, textured
  • glossy vinyl labels with thick lamination ... 0.25 USD each
    • thick laminate types: glossy, matte

I would personally go with laminated inlays because they'll last longer, be better protected and to me feel nicer. All personal preference though and depends on the usage.

Looks like stickermule has some different pricing options at higher quantities that I'm not sure exactly how they work. I know @DirtyTIVA ordered from them and would be able to help out a bit with info on that.

Stickermule's been a good option for me because of their turn around time of usually a week after you submit and pay. As long as you order several hundred stickers the per ticker cost is pretty low and comparable/cheaper than Gear's. They've also sent me large numbers of extras (sometimes more than double my order) though I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. Here's the link to my first post including some sizing examples and a comparison of "stickers" vs "labels."

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-official-mail-showcase-thread.34406/page-972#post-1988788

I've also been impressed with their holographic stickers though I've only used them to adorn 60mm buttons, not 39 or 43mm chips.

The labels go on easily and come off with minimal (not zero) residue. I de-labeled a rack of RHC watermelons and I didn't even have to use any solvent or soap on what residue was left. Just wiped it off with my finger. The company has customer service in some other country. I just email them the files and how many I want- they take care of setting up the order and proofs of each image for your approval before payment.

Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom