Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Apple (post #7)

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Hornet

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between different label options for Aurora Star $1s that will be relabeled as PCA $1s. I’m curious what others think. The three options are below, along with the rest of the lineup. Thanks for your input.

9A4473E3-0B82-45DC-82FF-ADE626B60643.pngC63598DB-51D9-4EEE-8050-6253AE598077.pngB8F57BF5-3BDE-4D4F-8FB3-5C09230E8AD5.png
E09E65A9-8CE5-4357-AAA0-711E1FD0F4F9.jpeg

I agree. You can’t go wrong with a circle, but if I’m creating a new chip, why not go with a rare shape for a $1?

I agree. You can’t go wrong with a circle, but if I’m creating a new chip, why not go with a rare shape for a $1?
I would go hex or round but since the $25 is hex, round hands down for me. But I’m plain Jane so ymmv.

I say go circle. Most $1s have a circle inlay, plus it is the actual label shape, so will be the most authentic. The $5s and up get to have shaped inlays, they're fancier.

I’m sure gear can send a few sample labels of each in the mail so you can try them out in real life before deciding.

But if you are spending a bunch of money on these chips to upgrade from the existing $1 chip why not go all out with a (faux) shaped label as well as long as the color match is spot on?

But if you are spending a bunch of money on these chips to upgrade from the existing $1 chip why not go all out with a (faux) shaped label as well as long as the color match is spot on?
I think that’s where I’m landing. Why not go for something unusual?

I think that’s where I’m landing. Why not go for something unusual?
If you're gonna go faux shaped and you want something unusual, you could also consider the TRK sawtooth. That shape is quite amazing, and never on Paulsons (to my knowledge).

I voted gear. Circle is good too, unless you will add a frac. But I’m pretty sure you’ve said before that you don’t use fracs.

I’ve thought about using the gear as my $1 in a set that I want to make. Usually see it on hundos I think but it’s such a cool shape, why not use it on $1s?

I like option 3 with the caveat that it should be slightly bigger. It seems to leave a lot of space within the inlay area around the edges.

Mr. @Hornet any plans for a frac or is this a 1/2 set? I really like the apple but would prefer that on a frac with option 3 ( 6 notch) for the $1 chip, a little inlay progression. Really good opinions and experience in this thread lots to think about! Looking forward to the finished product!! Fellow chipper Ben

Mr. @Hornet any plans for a frac or is this a 1/2 set? I really like the apple but would prefer that on a frac with option 3 ( 6 notch) for the $1 chip, a little inlay progression. Really good opinions and experience in this thread lots to think about! Looking forward to the finished product!! Fellow chipper Ben
No fracs in our game. I’m really struggling with this one ... a lot of good choices. And great input from evey

Understood and I agree tough decision, I still like option 3 but it has a very thick boarder... anyway to make the boarder thinner like the apple leaving more white for the inlay... the more I look at the options I like #3... just for what that's worth!

If the real PCA Chips are true shaped inlays, not mock inlays, then go with the circle, then You have a true shaped inlay (kinda) . That, and the PCA true $1 is a circle, I just don’t see how you could go wrong with the circle.

Slapping a mock shape that seems more intricate (or even AS intricate) as the higher denoms, just adds a touch of “fake” to a set that has no fake at all yet.

If you were using real shaped inlays (you scored some spotted hotstamp THC and gear milled the shapes in them) I would say go for a shaped inlay like the apple or the gear cogs. But I just wouldn’t do the mock on the $1.00 here.

You got some classy chips there man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom