Help With Design and Ordering Custom Chips? How, Who, Where, What??? Ahhhhhh! (1 Viewer)

Dezmond

Pair
Reaction score
Hey Everyone.. Total newbie from Ontario Canada but really love this forum and trying to learn as much as I can but I am getting overwhelmed with all the content and I am not understanding some of the lingo... I am going to be building my custom poker table and want to get custom chips made so I can host some cash game nights and 1 table tournaments.... BUT I am not the best at designing and not sure what I should be purchasing for denominations, colours, etc.

I hope you guys/gals could chime in and let me know who can help or what I should be getting or doing? There is a lot on here but then I get lost and have to start all over again!

Thanks and can't wait to get my first custom set!

Dezi

Patience is a virtue. If I could start over I wouldn't have designed two mediocre custom clay sets that I eventually got rid of.

Samples, including shuffle stacks of 10+ chips are important.

Hire an artist here.

Welcome from the left side, EH.
You’re killing it these days, though.

Get yourself at least a newer colour sample set from CPC. Maybe there are some locals that have some sets on different molds that you can see/handle.
I would love to get the samples that I have seen here with the different variations. That yes is a good starting point. I have been jotting down theme ideas as I think of them.

Patience is a virtue. If I could start over I wouldn't have designed two mediocre custom clay sets that I eventually got rid of.

Samples, including shuffle stacks of 10+ chips are important.

Hire an artist here.

Welcome from the left side, EH.
Thanks @SteveEH I reached out to a couple of popular designers and I have been writing down the ideas. Will definitely need input before I decide.

I'm asking the same question and I found this thread. Could someone post the link the list of artists? I thought I found it but I can't right now... I'm working on some mock-ups now, but I overestimated my PS skills by a long shot. I'd love to support someone here and get something better.

I'm asking the same question and I found this thread. Could someone post the link the list of artists? I thought I found it but I can't right now... I'm working on some mock-ups now, but I overestimated my PS skills by a long shot. I'd love to support someone here and get something better.
It's also in our New Members Start Here! thread. (Welcome both of you!)

Hey Everyone.. Total newbie from Ontario Canada but really love this forum and trying to learn as much as I can but I am getting overwhelmed with all the content and I am not understanding some of the lingo... I am going to be building my custom poker table and want to get custom chips made so I can host some cash game nights and 1 table tournaments.... BUT I am not the best at designing and not sure what I should be purchasing for denominations, colours, etc.

I hope you guys/gals could chime in and let me know who can help or what I should be getting or doing? There is a lot on here but then I get lost and have to start all over again!

Thanks and can't wait to get my first custom set!

Dezi

Details such as if you want to run cash and tournies on the same day and/or if you want exclusive chips for each game. As for colors are you a traditionalist or set on certain colors for use and any colour for a specific denomination....
Many use white or blue for $1, red for $5, green $25, black $100, purple $500, yellow/gold for $1000 and variations for 5k+ and less than $1....this is by no means a requirement as various other colors can and are used frequently....ie Vegas colour scheme vs California vs New Jersey color schemes. Your game your choice as to what each colour ultimately represents. The main factor when picking colors/spots are that they are different enough so that in a stack they will be distinguished from other denominations and not mixed up in various sightings or depth of beverages.

Details such as if you want to run cash and tournies on the same day and/or if you want exclusive chips for each game. As for colors are you a traditionalist or set on certain colors for use and any colour for a specific denomination....
Many use white or blue for $1, red for $5, green $25, black $100, purple $500, yellow/gold for $1000 and variations for 5k+ and less than $1....this is by no means a requirement as various other colors can and are used frequently....ie Vegas colour scheme vs California vs New Jersey color schemes. Your game your choice as to what each colour ultimately represents. The main factor when picking colors/spots are that they are different enough so that in a stack they will be distinguished from other denominations and not mixed up in various sightings or depth of beverages.
Excellent reply! Thanks for the input. I have just ordered the sample colour wheel set thingy so I can see all the variations of colors they have to offer. It’s nice to have that visual in hand when deciding instead of a computer screen :)

Excellent reply! Thanks for the input. I have just ordered the sample colour wheel set thingy so I can see all the variations of colors they have to offer. It’s nice to have that visual in hand when deciding instead of a computer screen :)
Which manufacturer did you order from? it's fun an reassuring having your own custom chips knowing that they are the only ones in existence, especially if your game grows to higher stakes. I remember a buddy who ended up $100 short on the cash bank years ago with suited plastic chips....on counting the set there were 20x extra red chips we used as $5.....I brought my nexgen lucky bees and later pharaohs to that game afterwards...no more issues but the commercial availabilityof those chips always had me concerned. We never knew who brought in the chips and prefer not knowing as it was a friendly game and would have led to problems for sure if found out.

Which manufacturer did you order from? it's fun an reassuring having your own custom chips knowing that they are the only ones in existence, especially if your game grows to higher stakes. I remember a buddy who ended up $100 short on the cash bank years ago with suited plastic chips....on counting the set there were 20x extra red chips we used as $5.....I brought my nexgen lucky bees and later pharaohs to that game afterwards...no more issues but the commercial availabilityof those chips always had me concerned. We never knew who brought in the chips and prefer not knowing as it was a friendly game and would have led to problems for sure if found out.
Got them coming from Tina on Ali in China. I want to see the colours and make sure I know what I am going to be getting :). I hear ya on the universal chips. It sure is sad to see people still wanting to cheat at a friendly game gathering. Or at least that’s what is supposed to be. Can’t wait to figure out the theme I will be using. I have too many on my list already. Gotta start to cross some off.

It's always good to make a plan about custom chips. I wish I had stumbled on this site years ago when I built my custom table, etc. I should have thought it through as you are doing. That way, I wouldn't had purchased so many sets of chips that I quickly found unacceptable IMO.
Good Luck on your journey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom