Help with AA hand (1 Viewer)

My turn action was definitely what prompted the thread... and yes, the $50 was a mistake that I hopefully won't make again

I called the turn raise. The river was 2d, pairing the board. I checked, villain shoved and I folded. Villain showed QQ for top set on the flop and a full house on the river

Thanks for all the input

Tough spot but good fold indeed. Probably lost less than I would've since I'd either check-jam the turn or check with the intention of betting the river and trying to get more value out of AQ (which Villain obviously wouldn't have checked back in this case, but could be in his general range). Agree with others that your turn sizing is awkward given your hand. To a thinking player it probably looks either like a sucker bet with the nuts or a scared bet from someone not sure if he wants to get into commitment territory, and if I were a LAG I'd be taking notes hoping to exploit in the future (except I'm a nit so I'd probably just fold top set here and give you credit for the straight flush :D)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Doc, several good points as always. I guess I was trying to justify it by the misunderstanding with the preflop raise somehow lol.

My turn action was definitely what prompted the thread... and yes, the $50 was a mistake that I hopefully won't make again

The most important thing is that you are going to play them differently next time. Of course since we now know that he had it we can't really say he is a calling station, but if he really is, that raise on the turn usually tells us he really thinks he's got it. Nice fold on the river.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom