HELP! What type and color of YAT felt should I put on my Barrington? (1 Viewer)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Refelting a Barrington poker table and I’m having difficulty deciding which type and color of felt to use... here’s a picture of the chairs and here’s a link to the felts...

The chairs are maroon with gold trim so I’m not sure if the “red” would look good with it or just play it safe with black. Would green look too Christmas color-ey?

For felt type I see a lot of people have used the mini-suited speed cloth which looks great but they also just added (or I totally missed it last time I checked two weeks ago) Unsuited II Speed Cloth which looks interesting. Wasn’t thinking of going with either nylons or velvets but figured I throw them out as options as well.
895C86C6-0CBB-4BB1-B753-B03E84C8C1F2.jpeg
6DC6F8A1-EB51-43B9-AA5D-F4B9758C0BA5.png
C8C823C9-6F97-47CB-AFE0-865F143FC744.png

want to borrow my samples? mini-suited speed cloth from YAT, that is . . .

I think burgundy original unsuited speed cloth could go very well with these chairs! Even if it’s not a perfect match, I think they would complement each other very well! Please keep us updated!

I would recommend either the regular or mini suited speed cloth. The card slide on any of the unsuited options isn't as good in my experience. Black is sharp when new, but tough to keep clean and I feel it shows it's age quicker than other colors (I have it on my current table). I also really like the blackberry, burgundy, emerald green and forest green colors.

I would check eBay for the layout company. Last I knew they had a black and maroon that had a betting line. I’ve been planning on doing that myself but keep waiting for those tables to go back down to $100.

I would recommend either the regular or mini suited speed cloth. The card slide on any of the unsuited options isn't as good in my experience. Black is sharp when new, but tough to keep clean and I feel it shows it's age quicker than other colors (I have it on my current table). I also really like the blackberry, burgundy, emerald green and forest green colors.
Black would definitely be the safest way to go color scheme wise... Do you have a picture on the type of wear?

Note this is a obviously a custom cloth, but the wear on regular SSC is similar. You can see in the dealer area under the logo, the cloth is a lighter color and looks more dirty. The deep black tone that the cloth starts with lightens and fades - when it's new, you almost can't see the SSC pattern from a distance. As it ages, the raised pattern catches more dust/dirt and wear and starts to fade a bit. With most other colors it's not as noticeable(IMHO), the greens and reds turn a little more brownish of a color, but with black, the lack of color means it just fades.

20181130_193423.jpg
20181201_011224.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom