Help us pick an ultrasonic (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
3L from Amazon, $78.59
51TMwDqYU L._AC_SY400_.jpg

6L from eBay, $96.75
s-l400.jpg

Cost is being split 5 ways, so price is less of a concern. I'll be honest, I'm hesitant to get the 6L because it's so cheap... Will it break or not perform as well?

We will probably be using the salad spinner, if that makes a difference. Also, I'll be cleaning a 1000ish chips total... Not sure what the others will be cleaning.

We'd be interested in hearing your personal experience with either.

the tap to empty is so much better than trying to tip the whole thing up when full.

I was thinking that. But from what I've read, 3L cleans 20 chips at a time while the 6L cleans 40... Even if we get the 6L, I'd probably only use it half full.

I have the Vevor 6L. It does a great job.

I use ski's recipe x 1.5 That's: 3 tablespoons Lundmark & 12 cups of distilled water. I find this is enough water to cover 30-40 chips in the salad spinner while only being 1/2 to 2/3 full.

3L has 2 transducers. 6L has 3 transducers. These do a lot of the heavy lifting in the cleaning process. More is better.

Pick the 6L & don't look back.

Note: I've cleaned ~2500 chips over 5 or 6 sessions.

Last edited:

I use ski's recipe x 1.5 That's: 3 tablespoons Lundmark & 12 cups of distilled water. I find this is enough water to cover 30-40 chips in the salad spinner while only being 1/2 to 2/3 full.

3L has 2 transducers. 6L has 3 transducers. These do a lot of the heavy lifting in the cleaning process. More is better.

Exactly the type of insight I was looking for. Thanks!

I think all of these are made in the same factory and wholesaler and just branded differently.

I have the 3L and its awesome, more then enough and the drain is no big deal for me i just tip it over to drain and wipe clean

^^ This. And don't skimp on the distilled water.

I was eyeing up an ultrasonic, but decided to just clean my chips manually. TSP and a stiff brush worked just fine. After a little soak, the hooker juice came off fairly quickly, about 10 minutes a barrel. The grime is the most stubborn I’ve ever seen on chips, but they do clean up well.
65E4C385-D8B3-4C50-BFEC-CC44727CBA78.jpeg
1F226338-4C27-4C42-9609-9C958DF347CA.jpeg

Most chippers won't need an ultrasonic. Only if you're cleaning thousands upon thousands of chips does it make sense. Of course, once you get one, you might be making up all sorts of excuses to clean things around the house, like jewelry, small tools, Lego and other plastic toys, that thing you picked up from the sidewalk the other day, etc.

I got the 6L and the one negative I have is it takes longer to warm up the water, but that makes sense , but the size is great

+1. I put the water in the microwave on hi for about 90 seconds... then let the US bring it up the rest of the way to temp. You should be ready for chip-bathing within 5 minutes.
^^ This, and use a really hot small batch to quickly and easily dissolve the TSP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom