Help Refelting? (1 Viewer)

sem0030

Two Pair
Reaction score
IMG_20181111_113435714_HDR.jpg

Anyone have any experience replacing this felt and adding SSC?

Looks like a foldable topper?
If so, I would:
1. Cut a piece of 1/4" ply the exact size/shape of the topper (including the seam cut.)
2. Glue and staple it to the bottom of the topper (covering the chip wells)
3. Flip it over and fill in the wells with the appropriate thickness wood to be flush with the felt.
4. Spray super 77 spray on existing felt, wait until tacky. Recover with SSC, wrapping around the edges and stapling to the bottom.

I would want to add padding, but not sure how it would stand up to folding. If you are ok with not folding for storage, just add the 1/4" ply to the top, then glue on some volara for the playing surface pad, then add the SSC.

Yes it is a foldable table topper. Would that remove the trays? The group I host loves the chip trays for some reason, but I prefer stacks on the table.

Yes, that would remove the trays (I'm not a fan of them.)
If you are keeping the trays, just cover with the SSC as if the trays weren't there, then cut them out after you get it good and tight on the surface. Start with an "X" cut about an inch in from each corner of the tray, and wrap them under and staple. I'm assuming there is some plastic chip tray that goes in there?

No problem. Just make sure you leave enough in your cutouts to wrap under the topper for stapling, and you should be good to go.
Good luck, and enjoy the process!

How much SSC would I need to cover this table? Probably will order more anyways just to have as a replacement if needed. Can you tell I've never done this? Lol

Measure across, add around 4". That's how much cloth you need. Make sure your SSC is wide enough. Typically it is sold by the yard (3 feet). You will probably need 2 yards. Bit don't take my word for it, measure and see.

SSC is in!
Believe I am going to make the executive decision to remove the trays as well.
IMG4302579013007815113.jpg

Is there anywhere I can buy padded rails to put on the edges?

Would this not work? Or does the shape of my table make this a bad fit.
Screenshot_20181122-104041.png

If I was handy at all I wouldn't hesitate to just make my own. Unfortunately I am not gifted in such ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom